Lighting and foot placement reality

Wiccancowboy2000Wiccancowboy2000 Posts: 15

I'm using Poser, and trying to figure out foot placement and lighting that'll go with that. I'm setting a character in an outside setting, a basketball court, and the feet don't set right. They either look like they're floating in the air, or they're sinking into the ground, even if I set the figure to drop to the floor. Also, even if I use the lighting set that comes with the set, the lighting look weird. I've tried creating a light and scaling it down to point right at the feat, and I've also tried creating a super bright light overhead. But the feet just don't look right. Can anyone give me any ideas?

Street_mage_1.jpg
1920 x 1440 - 353K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It is usually lack of shadow near the feet which causes them to look like they are floating.

Do you have shadows turned on for the main light? I would make the shadows a little darker, and turn down the intensity of the lights a bit.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

you may also want to experiment with the Shadow Bias settings in your lights parameter. If it's set too high the shadows will offset themselves farther away from the base of the object casting the shadow.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

I think the usual 'trick' for creating shadows in corners to give that sense of presence is Ambient Occlusion?

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Wait, Reality the plugin or you're just looking for realism?
    The reality plugin solution would be create a distant light and change name to "Sun" get rid of all those other lights and render.