Made a scene. Saved a scene. Nothing works now.

SaitoChikaraSaitoChikara Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Title states it suimply enough.

A couple days ago, I made a character, dressed, morphed, etc. and made my render. Then I saved my scene (.daz).

I've never had issues with the 10+ characters I made before, but this new character is giving me one hell of a problem.

I've not changed any settings or directory locations, but when I load my V5 Character, NONE of the presets, morphs, wardrobe, hair and props show up!!

I get a base Genesis with the skin texture, and the shoes I had on her, but they're not even fit properly. They're a good 2' away from her feet.

How do I fix this? I don't want to loose hours of work for nothing!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,575
    edited June 2012

Are the morphs available on the figure? Have you checked the log file for errors just after loading the scene (Help>Troubleshooting>View log, scroll to the end)? Where are your content folders stored? Which version of DS is this (Help>About DAZ Studio)?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SaitoChikaraSaitoChikara Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Daz Studio 4.0.3.47 Pro Edition (64-bit)

Here is my log file for trying to load my ONE character/scene (and as I said, all others are working fine)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ORWcCaEmnihgUSRLP0UDYfZt0xuEc9Ad9yOhVzKcFAM/edit

I haven't uninstalled anything, or changed any files or installed anything... I haven't changed any directories or moved any files around. I made the character, went away for the weekend, then came back.

edited December 1969

OK, that confirms that the problem is the loss of the native geometry files. Where are your DAZ Studio Format directories, and what OS are you using?

edited December 1969

(Username)/Documents/Daz3D/Studio
    (Username)/Documents/Daz3D/Studio/MyLibrary

or something really similar to that... the default.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

edited December 1969

Can you check the exact paths please, and their order - if those are right I can see one potential issue. If you go to Edit>Preferences>Content Library there's a button to take you to the Content Directory Manager.

edited June 2012

The exact paths are:

(Username)/My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio
    and
    (Username)/My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

Post edited by SaitoChikara on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

The nested content folders may be your problem. Normally everything should be under "My Library". Any Data, Runtime, etc. folders which are directly under "Studio" should be merged with the ones under "My Library", and then the path ending at "Studio" should be removed from the list (and from the "Poser formats" list as well).

edited December 1969

So I should remove the "Studio" and make all 3 libraries point to "My Library"?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Yes