Freak 5 SWOLE - no poser companion files

estheresther Posts: 622
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi, just headsup for you poser users to be careful of new products and not just assume they will work in poser. I did just assume that new DAZ products would have poser companion files but this is not the case. I also assumed old products would be converted. I don't know why I thought that. It was just wishful thinking. I better go easy on my spending in this place I think.

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited January 2013

esther said:
    Hi, just headsup for you poser users to be careful of new products and not just assume they will work in poser. I did just assume that new DAZ products would have poser companion files but this is not the case. I also assumed old products would be converted. I don't know why I thought that. It was just wishful thinking. I better go easy on my spending in this place I think.

This was in the readme:

There are no Poser Companion Files for this Product however the shapes will be available in Genesis without the presets in Poser using the DSON Importer for Poser

Generally shapes are fine unless they change the arm and chest scale; then you'll have issues. A lot of of the genesis morphs themselves don't have companion files. Clothing items and props are the items that really need the files to work in Poser. But it would be nice to have the presets as it's a bit harder to navigate the actor tree in Poser than DS.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • estheresther Posts: 622
    edited December 1969

Hi, well I don't really understand it all yet, so if it says no companion files then no go into cart at the moment.
    Maybe as i get better at it I will buy more again. the other thing is that genesis doesn't really work that well in poser even at the best of times. A bit too slow to be useable. So even though I bought the teens and freak 5, I think it is better to save my money for props and scenes until things improve for poser users.
    Love esther

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

It is written on the product page in the store that this product does not have Poser Companion Files, so it´s not like someone has been withholding information from customers. The info is available for everyone to read.

When you buy an item in DAZ store, you should always check whether it is compatible with the software you use. Maybe older Genesis items will be converted for Poser, but it will take (probably a lot of) time and it depends on the respective vendors whether they decide to do that at all. I suppose that items created by DAZ company will have poser companion files, but remember that not all items are made by DAZ company. SWOLE isn´t - the vendor is SimonWM.

edited December 1969

Yep, I will check from now on. I don't want to buy half a product.

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited January 2013

Hi Esther, if you have DSON installed in Poser then morphs will work without a need of a seperate Poser installer. The only thing you are not getting is the character poses that dial one of the head morphs together with a body morph with one click. So that means you will need to dial two sliders instead of double click one pose. There is no special scaling to arms or legs so morphs work exactly as in DAZ Studio in Poser. You can find your SWOLE face morphs under Head/Male/Fantasy SciFi and your body morphs in Actor/Male/Fantasy SciFi.

Here's a video showing the product in Poser.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOpwOwQsKuE

SWOLE_Poser1.jpg
    1655 x 1163 - 708K
    Post edited by SimonWM on
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    Yep, I will check from now on. I don't want to buy half a product.

It is NOT a half product. Any morphs you install for Genesis automatically show up as a dial on Genesis in both DS and Poser. Poser Companion Files are for geometry and textures/shaders, not morphs.

edited December 1969

Okay, I can dial two dials quite easily. ARe the instructions included in the package? so r there no textures with the product?
    Love esther

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    Okay, I can dial two dials quite easily. ARe the instructions included in the package? so r there no textures with the product?
    Love esther

het werkt perfect esther ;-)

edited December 1969

really?

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    Love esther

I think SWOLE is strictly morphs.

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    Love esther

I think SWOLE is strictly morphs.

That's correct, its in the product description.

edited December 1969

Okay,
    well that sounds good.
    I will buy it.
    Love esther

edited December 1969

I mean good that it works similarly in poser. not good that it doesn't have textures. Not bad either for that matter.