OT: Aussie internet weirdness...anyone else?

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Are any aussies having problems with getting to certain sites?

facebook is down for me......can't even load.
yahoo.com.au - page partly loads, no images, and page doesn't finish loading
ebay.com.au - can't even load.

I'm with telstra bigpond - haven't rung them yet cos I don't fancy sitting on hold for half hour or so (it's TOO HOT)

just curious if anyone else is finding certain sites are not loading properly etc.

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,017
    edited December 1969

no probs here, down Shellharbour City way..

you not in any flood or bushfire areas are you?

The news said Telstra were having probs in the flood areas.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

I'm in North Queensland. The floods are further south, but we did lose internet for two days when that cable was cut and pretty much all of QLD had no internet...or mobile phone service, or EFTPOS or ATM's. LOL. That was a fun couple of days, believe me.

It's not all sites, I can get to most no problems...like here. LOL. But those ones I mentioned are having major connection problems.

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

I know that we've had issues because of how/where the sites are redirected to before we see them. FB is incredibly slow today, ebay loads, yahoo is the slowest of the lot.

edited December 1969

ah, so you're getting kinda the same as I am. Yahoo is amazingly slow. Facebook....I gave up on it last night. Can't even read the news at news.com.au LOL.

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

New.com.au opened, but about as quickly as yahoo. Think its time for lunch, and by the time it's done, the page might have loaded all the way. :-/

edited December 1969

i'm still waiting for news.com.au to open. :sigh:

wait...nope, just got the "taking too long to respond" error page.

Combined with this heat we're getting, and half my fave sites on the net not loading, I'm not having a very good day. LOL

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,017
    edited December 1969

must be just affecting you Queenslanders.. :coolsmile:

all sites are working normally here. :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,110
    edited December 1969

OK in Adelaide
    obviously the interweb gods decided devastating floods were not enough, you had to get virtual impedance up there too!

edited December 1969

OK in Adelaide
    obviously the interweb gods decided devastating floods were not enough, you had to get virtual impedance up there too!

man, it never fails. we had intense rain where we almost had floods, then the rain stopped and this awful awful ghastly HEAT started then the web kinda konks out.....at least DAZ is still working ok for us. LOL

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

OK in Brisbane !

edited December 1969

well, it seems to have sorted itself out.

Facebook is now up and running and working normally for us, and so are all the other sites.

Bit of weirdness since yesterday, go figure!

edited December 1969

OK in Brisbane !

I didn't know you were a fellow Queenslander!! D

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    OK in Brisbane !

Actually a Bundaberg Boy, well what's left of it after the flood!

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Are any aussies having problems with getting to certain sites?

facebook is down for me......can't even load.
    yahoo.com.au - page partly loads, no images, and page doesn't finish loading
    ebay.com.au - can't even load.

I'm with telstra bigpond - haven't rung them yet cos I don't fancy sitting on hold for half hour or so (it's TOO HOT)

just curious if anyone else is finding certain sites are not loading properly etc.

No problems for me in Melbourne

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    OK in Brisbane !

Actually a Bundaberg Boy, well what's left of it after the flood!

oh wow, I heard Bundy was hard hit! I'm assuming you came through ok, cos you're online at least. :)
    I'm in Far North, up on the Atherton Tablelands. We did cop a fair amount of rain, and there was some worry about the rivers going over, but we didn't get any floods luckily. We haven't had any rain for over a week now, instead we're getting horrendous intense heat. No breezes at all which is making it worse - apparently Oswald is blocking the southern winds we should be getting, so instead we are sitting here, broiling in our own juices. LOL.