Dream Home : Master Bedroom

Shen85Shen85 Posts: 0

I have downloaded the file for the dream home master bedroom , I cannot get it to install for me,

The Master Bedroom comes in a zip file, which I unpacked and merged the content folder. I triple-checked to see if the files were in the right places, and they seem to be. I can find the icon in DAZ for the Master Bedroom but when I double click on it, all it says is “you must select an item within the scene” or something along those lines. I manually searched through pretty much all of my content folders throughout my library and tried everything associated with the Master Bedroom, but alas, no Master Bedroom. I have some of the other DH rooms and don’t have problems loading them.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Post edited by Shen85 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

admin said:
    I have downloaded the file for the dream home master bedroom , I cannot get it to install for me,

The Master Bedroom comes in a zip file, which I unpacked and merged the content folder. I triple-checked to see if the files were in the right places, and they seem to be. I can find the icon in DAZ for the Master Bedroom but when I double click on it, all it says is “you must select an item within the scene” or something along those lines. I manually searched through pretty much all of my content folders throughout my library and tried everything associated with the Master Bedroom, but alas, no Master Bedroom. I have some of the other DH rooms and don’t have problems loading them.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

It sounds like you're clicking on a material preset rather than on the object itself. The room itself is probably under Poser Formats.

• Shen85Shen85 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Where do I find that daz or is it in the library?

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

You are clicking on visibility presets. They are there to hide or unhide parts of the scene.
    You have to find the cr2 file and load it. It should be in the figures directory under Poser formats

• Shen85Shen85 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It will not load the CR2 file

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

admin said:
    It will not load the CR2 file

Is there any sort of error message?

Can you see it in your Scene tab? It loads off to the right. It might just be out of default camera range.
    If it is in scene tab, select it then use frame option on camera to center the view

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

This was a common question as the Dream Home parts were being released, many years ago. Each part of the house is loaded in the correct place so that the whole thing fits together when you load more than one part — if you look at a map of the complete house, only a handful of the parts are actually in front of you and visible in the Viewport if you use the default camera settings.

If I remember right, the Master Bedroom is way off to the right and up on the first floor. Either turn the camera in that direction and dolly in, or use the frame option as Medzin suggested.