Eye Problems

AntausAntaus Posts: 41

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/Antaus/cloudy.png

I've got cloudy eyes on a figure, like this, and I don't know how to uncloud them. Any help would be appreciated, I'm not 100% new to Daz3d, but I'm still learning.

Post edited by Antaus on

Comments

• DamselDamsel Posts: 382
    edited January 2013

It looks like a reflection issue. Do you have something large and white directly in front of the character, like a light or a wall or something? Are you using Luxrender as well as Daz Studio?

If there is a white object, I would suggest moving it off to the left or right, which would get rid of the reflection. If it is more to the side, any reflection it casts would look more normal.

Post edited by Damsel on
  • AntausAntaus Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

So, just a straight render, from the Daz program, there's nothing in the scene except the character itself. No lights, no props, nothing

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

That could be the issue. The Default Camera has a Fixed Light that it uses in Renders untill you ADD a second light. As it is in the Same (almost) position as the Camera it is Dead on and in your Figures eyes.

EDIT to Add. That light is so you can see to set up your Figures and props before you Add your on lighting or a light set.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • DamselDamsel Posts: 382
    edited January 2013

Yep, that would do it. If you don't have at least ONE light in a scene, you can't see what you're doing. So Daz adds one when you don't. That's why when you add a very dim light, suddenly the whole scene goes dark, because the program kills the posing light, and you're left with whatever light that the one dim light is producing. Go ahead and add a light off to one side of the character, then set it to POINT AT his head., Re render. See if you get the same effect.

It's usually a bad idea to put a light directly in front of the character, because then you get an effect like a DMV licence photo. When light comes from the front, it tends to wash the face out and flatten it, because it's shadows that add modeling. Light from the front doesn't cast these shadows. But put a light at a 45 degree angle, and it will cast shadows from the nose, the musculature, the mouth, and other features, which makes the character look more 3-dimentionsal.

That's because humans use shadows to judge the shape of things. Without shadows, we can't really tell how something is shaped.

Post edited by Damsel on