Poke away problem

spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686

Okay. I had asked this on the tail end of my other thread about content management, and the point of the poke seemed in danger of getting lost in the shuffle so I'm asking this here. I'm asking this after spending a long long time trying to find my answer and finally hacking together something of an answer on my own only to find out that it was no solution.

I bought poke away. I installed poke away. At first it claimed it couldn't install because Genesis wasn't there. So I reinstalled Genesis. Then I installed Poke away again. In fact I"ve installed it several times in case Daz didn't get the point. I know it's supposed to show in the parameters dial, ya know? I've seen enough people say "look here, it's here!" in various forums. The problem is no one is saying "it's supposed to install HERE and this is the path, and My Library isn't your only option!!!" (I also tried making a My Library folder, which also didn't work thank the gods because I refuse to use My Documents for anything.)

K, so look. The program is under the Genesis folder mentioned in the support PDF. I even copy and pasted it one level up in the Genesis folder.

it's flat. Not. Showing. Up. in the parameter dial.

Captain, let me repeat lest someone misunderstand me. It's. Not. Showing. Up. WAAAAH!!!

So... can someone help me figure out why? I think I'm almost out of time to get my money back... and I know it's only a $1. But $1 is a $1. :-)

Purty please?

Post edited by spearcarrier on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Okay, I'm getting from your post that your content is NOT in the Default My Library Folder. That should be no problem, just point the PokeAway installer to the same Content folder that your Genesis content is installed into.

Only point to the Root Folder Example My Content. Not My Content/Genesis. The Same path you have in you DS Prefs is the path you need.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for your replyyyy... *grovel*... I have done as you describe multiple times. I went into my content folder and checked. It's in there. It's just not being seen.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hmm... If it installed but is not being seen by DS I'm at a loss. If your other Genesis content works it should show up as discribed in the other thread, I read it but never caught this issue I admit. I wish I was more help but I do not have the item so I can not suggest more.

edited December 1969

Oh well, thank you for trying. I do appreciate it.

Maybe someone else will have an idea. I'll post screenshots of what I see in the folders. And hope.

upload.jpg
    799 x 441 - 61K
    upload.jpg
    799 x 441 - 80K
  • Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

The morphs sit in the Pokeaway folder, within xenic101, in the path shown in your second grab.

The controls themselves are under the Parameters tab, spread throughout various Universal/Proportions folders within Actor, like Upper Body, Hands, Head etc. The easiest way to check is to type "XAway" in the filter for Actor and they should all show up, in nice sky blue sliders!

That's how it works for me anyway :)

edited December 1969

Man I wish I could get that. What I get is in the following, which is from the other thread. I can go under any one of those tabs and not see an x-away anything.

I guess, as it looks like no one has a clue, I'll go ahead and contact DAZ and see if I can get my money back.

upload.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 283K
    edited December 1969

You've highlighted Pose Controls in your grab, but the controls are all within Actor. Have you tried clicking on "All" and typing "XAway" in the filter at the top? That should at least find where the controls are, if they exist at all. Not sure how much Pokeaway will help with the dress in your pic though. Essentially the morphs reduce the size of various parts of the Genesis mesh, which allows one to fine tune any poke thru issues.

edited December 1969

By the way, you are aware that the Kimono Dress in your example is a Dynamic item? It can't be "Fit To" a figure, and needs to be draped with the Dynamic plug-in.

edited December 1969

Omigosh - I'm not asking about the kimono. I just stuck it in there for a quick scene and didn't care if it fit or not. :-) It has nothing to do with the poke away problem.

I admit, I'm handling this with a high fever so although I saw the suggestion to do a hunt for it... it didn't click. Thank you for asking me again. And they did pop up, so I know they're in there!!!

But if I click on the figure they go away. :-( But I know they're there! I'm not crazy!!!! I have hope. I'll dope it out.

I wonder if DieTrying's plugin is interfering with this at this stage.

THANK YOU!!!! :-)

Now I can say it. Daz 4.5 is okay enough to use and back off of 3 for the most part. I don't give this assessment lightly.

edited December 1969

Gotcha! Just checking about the dress!

Don't understand why the controls vamoose when you click on Genesis. Should be the other way around. For me they disappear when I click on anything else, and only show when Genesis is highlighted. I have the DieTrying morphs installed too, and haven't had any conflicts so I don't think that's the problem.

I also have a fever/infection and have just started my antibiotic course. Let's hope we both get well soon :)

edited December 1969

WEll let's put that get well hope more on your side. SOunds like you have it worse, where I'm sure if I'd just stop downloading from ShareCg and going ooh and aah to get some rest I'd probably get better.

I will try to dupe out how to handle that kimono when I have more time. On my other thread I was given a step for step how to that I've printed inc ase Iose it. I don't understand it... at all... but I figure I will with time.

Exciting! I have a commission that I can now try out in my new shiny program.