Can You Tell Me What Do I Do To My Pc To Work Fine?

aminrougeaminrouge Posts: 0
edited January 2013 in The Commons

Sorry For That....

Post edited by aminrouge on

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,979
    edited December 1969

Soo did ya pass the test??

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Is there a prize?

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Must be a drummer, can count up to four... singers only make it to two in the average soundcheck

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I thought it was his SAT score.

• aminrougeaminrouge Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am sorry if you think this test was for you,i just tried it for an idea.
    My issue's that my pc is restarting (or crashing,i don't know) all the time by it's own and when ever i want to unzip files some of them be corrupted,or when i try to install something like softwares i get failures all the time,but when i restart the pc sometimes work fine for unzipping or installing but just for a short period of time.
    So,did you ever had some of this?can anyone tell me what is the problem if you can?is it my ram or another thing?does the HDD could be damaged and if so can it be related the errors or something?
    Any help i can take.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,979
    edited January 2013

Hmmm I really don't know enough about computers to be any help but I'm sure that somebody here knows more and will be able to help, I do know they will what to know what you are running ,how much RAM etc .......
    and don't be sorry ,good grief ,nothing to be sorry for ,and did ya notice we just pop in to see what was going on ......surprised ya didn't we??!!

Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited December 1969

aminrouge said:
    I am sorry if you think this test was for you,i just tried it for an idea.
    My issue's that my pc is restarting (or crashing,i don't know) all the time by it's own and when ever i want to unzip files some of them be corrupted,or when i try to install something like softwares i get failures all the time,but when i restart the pc sometimes work fine for unzipping or installing but just for a short period of time.
    So,did you ever had some of this?can anyone tell me what is the problem if you can?is it my ram or another thing?does the HDD could be damaged and if so can it be related the errors or something?
    Any help i can take.

My guess is that your hard drive is failing.

edited January 2013

And that's why i like you all,Thanks carrie58,here is my hardware:
    Windows 7,32Bits
    Intel Core I7
    16 GB of RAM
    2,000 HDD
    Did i forgot to say something else?

Post edited by aminrouge on
    edited December 1969

My guess is that your hard drive is failing.

Can you tell me the possible reasons,because i got those last month.
    A geek friend of mine said i need to reinstall windows to make sure any malware or others are causing this,nothing happend.
    Another one said it might be the RAM or the processor I7,so now you guess it's the hard drive,i thought this too but i didn't convince my self too and all my works are in it,it's really hard to get them out,if you see my data you'll be shocked...it's like tsunami,nothing it's in proper place.thank's for your idea.

edited December 1969

All of the problems you named involve using the hard drive. That why I think the hard drive might be going bad. I'm just guessing though. You should be able to find some software to scan it and see if it all right.

edited December 1969

I just did but after finishing my pc restarted or crashed,i don't know what to call it but it seem's to me like it's slowed down a lot of times so that why i didn't give much concern to hdd ,i tried some games to see if they were fine,they do work and just fine so i think the processor could be good and that why others tell me it could be the RAM because it's what handle everything ang give the others what they deserve,i took my unit to a pro but he pinned with it for 5 days and i don't have free time to wait,i am now gathering money to reBUY EVERYTHING ALL OVER.................AGAIN,but i will do everything i can to know what is this problem so it won't be A next time,right?

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited January 2013

Lets see if I can help you out a little. I don't have Windows 7, I jumped from Vista to 8, but you should be able to access diagnostic programs in Windows 7 the same as in Vista. So here goes.

To check your RAM left click on the following in order:

Start
    Control Panel
    System and Maintenance
    Administrative Tools

Then double click on Memory Diagnostics Tool, it may also be called Windows Memory Diagnostic. Let it restart your computer and run the test. This will take several minutes.

Even if the memory test returns errors, you should also test your hard drive. You do this with CHKDSK. Follow the instructions at this website: http://www.w7forums.com/use-chkdsk-check-disk-t448.html

Good luck, I hope these help.

Post edited by Zylox on
    edited December 1969

Okay,i'll try this out and get back to you later,thanks for your help....

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm thinking that from the Slow down and Zips working and then NOT working that your TEMP RAM files are not clearing. That Can and will cause both issues. I would run a Memory test (use more than ONE test from more than one provider) and make sure it is not a Ram issue first. If your Ram Passes then Do the SAME type of Test (A Full Integerty of Media Scan) for your HDD and as before Use more than One test from one Provider. IF that passes your Golden. By that I mean a Simple Re-Install of the OS (Most PC's have a F-Key at boot Funtion) should recover you back to Default OS (Updates will be needed) and keep all you Installed Programs and files just as they are.

I'm hoping it is the EASY fix for you (OS).

edited December 1969

I edited my post with a better way of running chkdsk.

edited December 1969

Thanks for you both,so far no errors were found in Ram nor HDD,i will try other test methods i already know.
    But i did formated my hard drive several times to make sure all unwanted things will go away but tell me this please:
    2 weeks ago everything was good till this curse fall on me,every tool i am using start to crash like opening genesis in daz,rendering a pic of 10 minutes take to hours or crashing in surprise or stopping the simulation in MD2,even firefox is crashing all the time(up to 1 per click)so does HDD related to the speed?
    i can't believe that my pc is having this kind of problem,i mean.......i don't even know what i mean.i will get a new RAM tommorow and see if things changed or not,

• jerhamjerham Posts: 154
    edited February 2013

Did you recently change or add new hardware? What you also could try is testing with a different power-supply. Had very similar crashes in the past (especially when it was under heavy load (CPU/Harddisk)), every thing separate worked fine and no errors. After a lot of trouble shooting, it appeared that the power supply was the problem and was causing the instability. Changing it with a new one solved it for me.

aminrouge said:
    Windows 7,32Bits
    Intel Core I7
    16 GB of RAM
    2,000 HDD

Also i see you are using the 32 bit w7 version with 16 GB Ram. Not sure this could be part of you're problem . But i would like to suggest to upgrade to a 64bit windows version so you use all memory in you're system.

Post edited by jerham on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,471
    edited February 2013

jerham said:
    Did you recently change or add new hardware? What you also could try is testing with a different power-supply. Had very similar crashes in the past (especially when it was under heavy load (CPU/Harddisk)), every thing separate worked fine and no errors. After a lot of trouble shooting, it appeared that the power supply was the problem and was causing the instability. Changing it with a new one solved it for me.

aminrouge said:
    Windows 7,32Bits
    Intel Core I7
    16 GB of RAM
    2,000 HDD

Also i see you are using the 32 bit w7 version with 16 GB Ram. Not sure this could be part of you're problem . But i would like to suggest to upgrade to a 64bit windows version so you use all memory in you're system.

I agree. A 32-bit operating system can only use 2GB (or at most 3GB if you squeeze hard) of RAM. The rest is wasted. I find it mind boggling that a machine that has the ability to support 16GB of RAM only has a 32-bit operating system unless the CPU is only a 32-bit processor. In which case you'd also have to replace the CPU with a 64-bit processor in order to use the extra memory. (oops, never mind. You said it's an Intel i7 which I'm pretty sure is only available as a 64-bit processor) So why are you running a 32-bit operating system on a 64-bit computer with 16GB of memory?

Was this an off-the-shelf machine from a major manufacturer? Or was it a custom built machine?

If it was an off-the-shelf machine have you added extra memory or peripherals? The original power supply might not handle too many add-ons.

Whereas, if it was a custom built machine then I might suspect mismatched components or components of dubious quality.

What type of graphic chip or card is being used? Is it an on-board chip or is it a circuit card? Does it use an nVidia or an AMD chip or an Intel chip? Which model? Do you have the latest driver for the graphic device? Try to get the driver from the chip manufacturer, not Microsoft.

Power supply was a good suggestion. 16GB of memory eats a lot of power. Underpowered systems behave randomly & strangely. You can find power supply calculator apps on some manufacturers websites. You enter your chip types and peripheral devices and memory size and it tells you how much power you need.

You tested the memory and it passed, but the memory test is run while the system isn't doing much else. It may not be a true test of real life situations related to power drain.

You tested the hard drive and it seemed to pass the test. That means your files and folders are OK and are all properly linked together. Did also you run the "Check free space" test to make sure the unused space doesn't have any bad spots? This test is probably OK because it is using much of the system (disk and memory). However, it's not stressing the graphic system too, which might might not be a true test because in a real life situation you would be using disk, memory, and graphics intensely which might put too much strain on the power supply. I suspect that the memory and disk themselves are OK but when under strain, the power drops low and causes either the CPU or memory to crap out. The disk data may be OK because there is a lot of automatic error recovery in the disks themselves, and in the filesystem algorithms.

You said disk size is 2000. I'm assuming that means 2 terabytes (2TB)? Is that with one 2TB drive or two 1TB drives? An extra drive is another drain on the power supply. High quality graphic cards put a tremendous strain on the power supply. The number of fans in the case and how fast they are running and whether they start & stop based on temperature can cause a weak power supply to drop below critical voltage levels. An Intel i7 CPU eats power. I'd feel very uneasy with anything less than a 500 watt power supply, perhaps more. But all power supplies are not the same. The amount of power that they can supply for the +12v, +5v, 3.3v and -12v lines differ among brands and models. Cheap power supplies have cheap looking wires and connectors. Don't run your Cadillac luxury car with a Volkswagen engine. It will stall, crash & burn going uphill. 8-o

An easy test would be to remove 12GB of memory and see if the system behaves any better. While playing with memory, check to make sure that they are all the same type of memory. Preferably the same size & speed. Being by the same manufacturer would be nice but not usually a problem. If there are any differences in memory make sure they are added in matching pairs to the appropriate sockets. Treat your unsocketed memory like it was gold. Handle by the edges, don't touch the contacts. Protect against static. Keep in an anti-static bag or envelope.

You probably have four memory sockets with a 4GB RAM module in each one. You can leave one memory module installed in the socket closest to the CPU chip (memory slot #1 ), it will work but would probably work nearly twice as fast if you had another module in the maching pair socket (#2 or possibly #3 depending on how the motherboard is designed). Sometimes paired memory sockets have matching colors. But for purposes of testing just go with one module temporarily.

Another easy test if you have a plug-in graphics card and also have an integrated graphics chip on the motherboard is to remove the graphics card and use the motherboard display connector instead. Removing the graphics card eliminates a lot of power supply strain. See if the system behaves any more reliably. Your graphics operations may not be as fast or as sophisticated but your total system might be more stable.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

My money is on a nasty bug or two. What sort of virus protection do you have?

And I agree, 16GB RAM on 32bit is just a whole lot of empty space...

edited December 1969

I do have 64bit,i used the 32 just to make sure it's cleard out that's all.
    Do you want to know what was causing the problem?just as i thought....it was the RAM,i get a new one of 8gb and worked super fine,i did tried the long renders,zipping and others,it's a custom built pc and the seller said(Sorry for that buddy,we have some issues with our providers lately),if all of you didn't helped me i wouldn't fix it propably i still trying to figure out what is going on.
    Now i'll get back to my project,you will see some trailers in 4 or 5 years,maybe less,Thanks again.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited February 2013

nm - page refresh issue, glad to see the problem's been solved :-)

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Glad to hear you were able to fix it.