Where do i place my textures on mac

simon_2213780simon_2213780 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Daz figure, from another site, I am trying to figure out how to install this figure which does not come with an installer, I have the textures and DSA files etc. but where do I put the folders, i've gone into the runtime folder, but there are so many folders, I'm a bit lost.

In essence how does one, manually install textures and poses.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
    edited December 1969

simon said:
    Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Daz figure, from another site, I am trying to figure out how to install this figure which does not come with an installer, I have the textures and DSA files etc. but where do I put the folders, i've gone into the runtime folder, but there are so many folders, I'm a bit lost.

In essence how does one, manually install textures and poses.

Please help

Thanks in advance

The DSA and DSF files go into Documents>Daz3D>Studio>My Library>People>Genesis (or whatever else the base figure is), i.e. Michael 4, Victoria 4, Aiko 4, Hiro 4, etc.)>Characters. The textures go in Documents>Daz3D>Studio>My Library>People>Runtime>Textures. This is for Daz formatted characters, not Poser formatted characters, clothes, and props. Those go in Documents>Daz3D>Studio>My Library>Runtime. Daz formatted clothes go into Documents>Daz3D>Studio>My Library>People>Genesis (or whatever else the base figure is), i.e. Michael 4, Victoria 4, Aiko 4, Hiro 4, etc.)>Clothes.
  • simon_2213780simon_2213780 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that,

I still can't seem to get the textures to show up in my content library, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, it's a simple drag and drop situation right. I'm so lost.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Textures or Material Presets? Textures do not show up in the content library. You apply them manually or via material presets or Poser Material Pose files...

edited December 1969

Well i have a folder full of DSA files, but i dont know where to place them, although ive just discovered it may not even matter as the poses and textures are for victoria 4, which I do not have.

Such great textures, and now ive wasted some cash.

Sad

edited December 1969

are you using Genesis? If so, they are not wasted. You can use the textures on genesis. So long as you have Genx and Victoria 4 shape for Genesis, you can transfer those charactes to Genesis. I do it all the time.

edited December 1969

Ive managed to use some of the textures, which is great, how about morphs and poses.

P.s, I just realised its you 'Wancow' i download some of your textures today for African american woman, ive not used em yet though, but they look great.

edited December 1969

LOL... that's just basically a test texture designed to play with, not really for finished work. I am glad you like it.

How to use it: download these: http://www.sharecg.com/v/66225/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Skin-Material-for-Black-and-White-Skin-(DS4.5)

If you have Victoria 4 morphs you wish to use with Genesis you need these:
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x
    and
    http://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis