Can Not Download Purchases

Kesha2009Kesha2009 Posts: 108
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Purchased several items today I cannot download them -They will start the download But will not complete the download Then the item
expires -I go to my itemized history reset and I keep getting the same thing they will not download then
they expire. I have cleared the cache, cleared the cookies etc restarted firefox browser and still the same thing.. I have also tried to
download the update of dazpro 4.5 and I get the same problem. How do I get my downloads to work?
Thanks

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Can you try using a different browser, that sometimes works.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Write to support, they should be able to help, if the problem is from DAZ side. If the problem is from your side (internet connection bugs etc.), then I don´t know. Maybe your antivirus software could be blocking the download?

• Kesha2009Kesha2009 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

I have tried another browser still the same problem
    Recked the virus program it is not blocking daz
    Sent ticket #126553 to tech support
    One of these days I will learn NOT to purchase anything on a Friday :(
    Thanks for your replies :)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

If you're with Virgin Media, it's a known issue and has plagued me more than a few times. I had to download reset JT's Sacrament to get it to download properly after it failed so often. Some ISP's suffer from it a fair bit, so check with them to see if it's a known problem

edited December 1969

No I not with them
    I haven't had this sorta problem with downloading any of daz products until now.
    I don't know if it is because I renewed my membership on the 30th of this month have any thing
    to do with it or not. I didn't purchase anything on the 30th to see if I would have this problem
    but didn't have a reason to ck it but now wish I did.
    Thanks

edited December 1969

I have tried to download them from the email daz sends
    daz window pops up saying this download is not available!
    ok WHY? the product is payed for why is it NOT
    available for me to download?

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi. If you used up your 4 downloads during the attempts that failed then you will have to reset them from your order history menu to get four more.

Cheers

edited December 1969

ah I have reset them several times already and still get no downloads
    and still try from the emails and still get the same window popup

edited December 1969

This is the window that pops up when I try to download from the emails and this is AFTER I have reset the items

nodownloads.jpg
    1465 x 792 - 150K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Is your order status 'pending'? If so, it won't allow you to download the files until everything is confirmed.

edited December 1969

It shouldn't be at all I payed for the items with paypal they get their money up front immediately
    same for when I payed for the renewal of the membership they got their money

edited February 2013

There used to be a bug in the DAZ store which caused that newly bought items sometimes showed as "pending" in the Downloads area even after fully paid. I had to contact Support and they made them available immediately. But I did not encounter this bug in a couple of months.

What about your firewall? If it is not antivirus, then maybe it is firewall who is blocking the downloads?

What is different in your computer in comparison to the last time you succesfully downloaded something from DAZ? Were some programs updated? Or maybe your browser? Did you update Windows or antivirus software? Changed something concerning your internet connection?

Post edited by Proxima Shining on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I'm using the Public LIbrary WiFi and I have the exact same problem. I solved it by taking a thumb drive and using the Library computers which are hardwired to the network.

So if you are using WiFi, you might try a hardwired connection, see if that solves it.

edited February 2013

The downloads aren't showing any pending -shows as usual that i can download them but I cant
    I have cked recked recked recked the fire wall and virus programs none of them are blocking daz
    I am not on wifi - *A person shouldn't have to go thru that sorta trouble to get
    the products they payed for* I have already sent a ticket in to them-still no reply
    The only thing that was updated was the java but that was wks ago
    Did renewal of virus program several days ago
    So the only thing that is causing this IS there is a bug OR daz isn't allowing me
    to get my downloads I want this matter resolved I payed the money they got
    the money I want my products period!
    WHY in the hell I renewed the membership is beyond me what a
    dumbass I am for doing so! Still probs with the store and no response
    from daz
    But I do thank Everyone on the forums for trying to help me solve this problem
    EDIT to add this -My daughter is having the exact same problem she tried on
    her computer and getting the exact same thing I am getting so this is on daz
    end

Post edited by Kesha2009 on
    edited February 2013

I notice that phrase dropped in the middle of your post "Did renewal of virus program several days ago " . AVs do have a habit of changing things. and some are worse than others. Which one are you using.

Edited to add that if this was indeed a DAZ 3D problem then we would be inundated with posts like yours. The fact that we aren't does tend to show that this is not a general problem, hence why people are trying to help you with suggestions to see if we can help you work round this.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Had another thought, you say you have tried several tim,es to download the files. Did you clear your cache between download attempts, the Browser cache. If you have a failed download in the cache then any subsequent download attempts will fails, as your browser will read from the cache, and will fail at around the same point.

So clearing the cache is essential after failed or incomplete downloads.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

F5 the page and try again ;)

edited December 1969

or as it is Firefox Shift+Ctrl+R is reccomended.

edited December 1969

What do you mean with: "I have checked... the fire wall and virus programs, none of them are blocking daz"? Did you disable both antivirus and firewall, and THEN tried to install? (Which is what you should do.) Or did you simply only look at the antivirus/firewall options and parameters to see whether they are blocking something? (In which case it may look as if it is not blocking your downloads, while in reality it is...) Clear your cache as Chohole suggests, disable antivirus & firewall and try again.

You said you did a renewal of your antivirus a couple of days ago. Your daughter probably did the same, may I guess? That would explain why you are both having the same problem (you have the same version of antivirus).

I really think it is antivirus, or some other issue on your side. Which is not DAZ´s fault and DAZ cannot help you much with this, so getting angry at DAZ company does not help. If that was DAZ´s fault, it would not be only you - we would have dozens of people complaining about the same problem in the forums.

Also, regarding DAZ replying to your ticket - they usually take a day or two to respond. They have MANY support tickets to solve, so they are very busy and your ticket is currently waiting in a rather long queue.

edited February 2013

sigh You know I have done all of the above suggestions nothing works and as for YOU jumping my ass when I am trying
    to get help from the forum sure as hell dont help now does it?? SOOO plz get off my ass!
    AND if u have read EVERYTHING I was THANKING ALL OF U for helping me but I sure as hell NOT
    Gonna thank someone who wants to jump peoples asses on the forums

EDIT TO ADD your own quote They have MANY support tickets to solve, so they are very busy and your ticket is currently waiting in a rather long queue.
    NOW doesn't that alone say lot of people are having probs with daz store

Post edited by Kesha2009 on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Are you using any sort of download manager?.

edited December 1969

no only using the one firefox uses- no download manager used
    as I said at beginning of this post what I am getting to try make
    this a little more clear-IT starts the downloads after bout 30 percnt
    or less it stops downloading it will not complete the download- *but earlier this morn
    I was getting this download not available* *no there wasn't ANY pending under the
    download list*
    I just bout 1 hr ago managed to get ONE download completed *small file*- * second try of different
    Item got to 95 percnt and stopped downloading-Been sitting at 95 percnt for the last 15
    minutes will not continue the download*
    SO
    this is telling me it isn't my virus program NOR is it the firewall IF it
    was either of these programs they wouldn't even allow the
    downloads to even start.
    *AND besides of me shutting them down to try without them*

and also to make it clear my daughter has not renewed or
    updated the version of her virus program and she is having the
    same problem
    AND no I am NOT limited to how many downloads allowed by
    my ISP provider
    Thanks

edited December 1969

Kesha2009 said:
    sigh You know I have done all of the above suggestions nothing works and as for YOU jumping my ass when I am trying
    to get help from the forum sure as hell dont help now does it?? SOOO plz get off my ass!
    AND if u have read EVERYTHING I was THANKING ALL OF U for helping me but I sure as hell NOT

EDIT TO ADD your own quote They have MANY support tickets to solve, so they are very busy and your ticket is currently waiting in a rather long queue.

So much for trying to help... :-/ Maybe I should just mind my business next time someone asks for help in the forum, if I don´t want to be yelled at. Just calm down, this is not the end of the world, although it is very bothersome, and being mean won´t help you with your problem.

Regarding the support tickets: they indicate that many people have various problems with DAZ store or DAZ items, but not that all those people have the same problem you do. Notice that no-one replied to this thread stating: "I have the same issue." So it seems it is really just you.

BTW - When I read your latest posts about this case, it seems your internet connection might be the culprit (maybe the speed, but possibly also something else related to the way you connect to internet and from where /which place/ you connect). Did you check whether everything is okay with it? It might be a recent problem, caused by your internet provider. Happens to me sometimes too.

Also, do you have problem to download only from DAZ store and can download just fine from other sites? Did you try to download (preferably some big file) from another site? If you have account at Renderosity, try to re-download some older stuff you bought before and see how it goes.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kesha2009 said:

If and I do mean IF I ever see another post in this thread with wording as I see in this one Allowed And NOT REPORTED I will Personaly REPORT the POST. NO USER EVER SHOULD ALLOW ANOTHER USER TO GO THIS FAR WITH OUT REPORTING THE POST!
    edited December 1969

HERE is One person who has the same problem I have and have stated so in this thread

wancow said:
    I'm using the Public LIbrary WiFi and I have the exact same problem. I solved it by taking a thumb drive and using the Library computers which are hardwired to the network.

So if you are using WiFi, you might try a hardwired connection, see if that solves it.

HERE is the Second person who has the problem of downloading daz items STATED in this same thread

If you're with Virgin Media, it's a known issue and has plagued me more than a few times. I had to download reset JT's Sacrament to get it to download properly after it failed so often. Some ISP's suffer from it a fair bit, so check with them to see if it's a known problem

So no I am not the only person who is having this problem

As for trying other websites yes I most certainly can download large files with no problem what so ever
    It is only daz store downloads that I can not download.

As for me being mean I really think you should reread the entire thread b4 You assume anything-example saying the problem is with me not daz When in fact there are 2 other people on here that are having problems getting their downloads also. and you also assuming the same virus protection concerning my daughter's software. And to me with your post the way YOU came across to me was trying to make me look like idiot concerning my computer and my daughter.
    Before I even get on the forum asking for any help I go to the extremes of trying to figure out what the problem is and what is causing the problem concerning anything of daz items or the store, and when I can't find the solution to the problem THEN I get on the forum asking for help. So I sure don't need you trying to make me look like a idiot concerning daz store or items. Especially when in fact 2 other people in this same thread has said they are having problems downloading their items.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,936
    edited December 1969

Lets please keep the conversation at a civil level

edited February 2013

Kesha2009 said:

You assume anything-example saying the problem is with me not daz When in fact there are 2 other people on here that are having problems getting their downloads also.

Both people you mentioned stated very clearly that the problem which caused that they could not download stuff from DAZ was their internet connection. So it was not a problem from DAZ´s side, it was a problem from their side (=the internet connection they used to connect to DAZ store). Also, it seemed to me that their problem was not a recent one, that it happened a while ago, not now. You may have the same problem they had (or not - I do not presume to say that I am 100% certain what your issue is). Getting mad at me will not change that. Problems with internet connection are not your fault, they are your internet provider´s fault. So no-one insinuates that you caused it, or that it happened because you are lacking some computer skills. Something like that can happen to anyone.

And to me with your post the way YOU came across to me was trying to make me look like idiot concerning my computer and my daughter.

I have experience with people here in the forum who are not very good with computers. Not so long ago I participated in a thread where several people were trying to help a guy with a DS problem, and were telling him to try a certain thing. He said that he did that but that it did not work. And after several more posts he said: „Oh, I did this (=what everyone was telling him to do), and it worked!“ So what he was telling before (that he already did try that) was not true. He was not telling lies, he just did not understand the advices properly at first. I had no way to tell how experienced you are with computers and whether you truly understand all the advices you received from others, so I tried to explain it more clearly. I did not try to make you look like an idiot, so sorry if it seemed to you that way. But you are working on it very hard yourself with your offensive posts, so please stop that.
    Post edited by Proxima Shining on