3D Universes Products

digitelldigitell Posts: 577
edited December 1969 in The Commons

It seems 3D Universe is only making product for DS only now. Will they ever make products that Poser users can buy anymore? I love their products, and though I do have DS, I am a Poser user and dont really have enough time to learn DS enough to feel comfortable with it. Just wondering if there is still a future between Poser users and 3D Universe.

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited February 2013

digitell said:
    It seems 3D Universe is only making product for DS only now. Will they ever make products that Poser users can buy anymore? I love their products, and though I do have DS, I am a Poser user and dont really have enough time to learn DS enough to feel comfortable with it. Just wondering if there is still a future between Poser users and 3D Universe.

Did you not see the latest offerings in the store are poser-compatible? You really have to start looking in the descriptions of products before making these threads.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • digitelldigitell Posts: 577
    edited December 1969

digitell said:

Did you not see the latest offerings in the store are poser-compatible? You really have to start looking in the descriptions of products before making these threads.
    I have been looking at several of their products that are only for DS such as the newest Sadi, Old Man Rex , and many others and I was just wondering if that 3D Universe was trying to get away from developing products for Poser.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited February 2013

digitell said:
    digitell said:

I have been looking at several of their products that are only for DS such as the newest Sadi, Old Man Rex , and many others and I was just wondering if that 3D Universe was trying to get away from developing products for Poser.

Well with the latest product, I would guess no then. And with the DSON importer, those product you mentioned should be able to run in Poser 9+ as well.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,383
    edited December 1969

The new Sadie and Old Man Rex are morphs for Genesis, so they require the DSON thingy to work in Poser, if they don't already come with the DSON Poser compatable files then I believe that all productts will eventually be updated.
    To be honest I really don't think 3DUniverse is moving away from Poser their very recent release the Baboon is Poser compatable as is the Monkey.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited February 2013

digitell said:
    digitell said:

I have been looking at several of their products that are only for DS such as the newest Sadi, Old Man Rex , and many others and I was just wondering if that 3D Universe was trying to get away from developing products for Poser.Sadie and Rex are Genesis figures and are compatible using the DSON importer. Unique figures like their recent 'Monkey Business' are fully Poser and Daz compatible. 3D Universe hasn't forgotten Poser users at all.

Because Genesis is such a powerful tool to work with, it's only expected that it's going to receive a lot of attention from vendors. After all, content for one Genesis figure is content for pretty much all Genesis figures, so naturally it will attract a larger audience. Personally, I'd like to see a similar unified mesh system with Poser, but I think Daz might have a few words to say about that.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,901
    edited February 2013

Dont forget that Sadie & Sam were originally stand alone characters

Toon Girl Sadie
    http://www.daz3d.com/3d-universe-toon-girl-sadie

Toon Boy Sam
    http://www.daz3d.com/toon-boy-sam

Though they both have their addons, Toon figures dont usally get a lot of support from other vendors. Genesis is the perfect platform for the toon figures since they can use any clothing itme for Genesis with out needing any special support to fit the toon shape.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Genesis versions of Sadie and Sam are very different to their original counterparts though. Hands and feet are more naturally scaled on the Genesis version, Sadie and Sam are taller and have more balanced body proportions. That said, 3D Universe did us the wonderful honor of including a clone figure so we can autofit all of Sadie and Sam's old clothing onto the new Genesis figure. That alone makes it worth well over the paltry asking price in my opinion.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited February 2013

Do people really care about all that human-oriented stuff?

Oh well... to each their own.

This thread got me to check out the status of the Important product - and it looks like 3DU has updated The Toon Cow!! :cheese: (we need a Cow Smiley!)

I knew buying it new would pay off eventually. Just re-downloaded everything. Will figure out which stuffs are for Cowrarra later.

Thanks for the update 3DUniverse!

Post edited by Sockratease on
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,130
    edited December 1969

Can someone please post a render of the new toon baboon from behind so I can see his....errr..... baboon butt

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,068
    edited December 1969

I dont know why they never show a rear shot of their characters..If it's a character we should get a full 360 view.

• digitelldigitell Posts: 577
    edited December 1969

I Love the way the new Sadie looks and all that goes with her but she is only for Genesis. I also love all the animals and wish there were so much more! 3D Universe creates high quality models, and I was just really concerned that I would no longer be able to use their stuff if they decided to go totally Genesis.

• Dani Foster HerringDani Foster Herring Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    I Love the way the new Sadie looks and all that goes with her but she is only for Genesis. I also love all the animals and wish there were so much more! 3D Universe creates high quality models, and I was just really concerned that I would no longer be able to use their stuff if they decided to go totally Genesis.

I'm in the same boat,so to speak. I was very disappointed that the cow didn't come in Poser format but happy to see that other items are still being made for those of us that love and use Poser (only). *smile*

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I was very disappointed that the cow didn't come in Poser format but happy to see that other items are still being made for those of us that love and use Poser (only). *smile*

I don't use poser, and STILL couldn't use the Cow while it was D|S only!

I don't use Studio either.

I think it's funny how Cowrarra always gets left out of these lists...

3 Moos for Cowrarra!! (And a 3DUniverse Cow that's in a format it can read now)

Funny thing is, I bought the Toon Cow regardless of the fact that I couldn't use it. I just hoped it would get updated to work in Carrara or Carrara would get updated to read dufs (which I pronounce "doofus" because I'm an arrogant fish poop!) (Bass turd).