New Valandar Freebie --- MIA?

Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 585
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Earlier this week I saw Valandar's new freebie in the store: a set with three cleaver-like weapons for causing damage to huge numbers of opponents. They were all modeled for us by a red-skinned brute in a costume I couldn't identify. I went to the store today to look for it, but I couldn't find it.

Did I imagine it all? Am I in some weird Twilight Zone episode or something where I see future releases of DAZ products from alternate dimensions?

Comments

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 585
    edited December 1969

Ah! I found it!

http://www.daz3d.com/environments-props/weapons-warfare/cleave

I didn't see it in the New Products category, no matter how often I refreshed it. I also couldn't find it in the Freebies section. I also didn't find it among Valandar's products.

Very weird...

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Your not losing it. And I could not find it either.

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 585
    edited December 1969

Here's another question: what's the outfit that the gent in the preview images is wearing?

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited February 2013

SmallFry said:
    Here's another question: what's the outfit that the gent in the preview images is wearing?

The top is from Esha's Scout
    The tunic seems to be from Highlander for Genesis but I'm not 100% sure here, maybe it is just belts
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,383
    edited December 1969

The pads are from this set
    http://www.daz3d.com/tribal-spellcaster
    As Kattey says I think the belts and trousers come from Luthbel's Highlander and the hood from the Scout set.
    The gloves I recognise but can't place

edited February 2013

Gloves seems to be from Octavius
    Boots are also from Highlander for Genesis

Post edited by Kattey on
  • Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

Wow--you guys amaze me at how you can ID pieces of a set so well; I can't recognize stuff that well! I was trying to ID the skin texture of the main figure--can anyone help with that?

edited February 2013

Salem2007 said:
    I can't recognize stuff that well!
    I think you are better than me - there is still something that makes you wonder and be amazed. Once you start to see any picture just as a combination of various IDs, it ruins a lot to you. Sometimes I wish I wasn't able to recognize those pieces.

I was trying to ID the skin texture of the main figure--can anyone help with that?

Most probably this
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

It's in my downloads. I 'purchased' it on 1/19. Same SKU as the promo linked to. BUT the 'purchased' is not showing in place of 'Add to Cart'.

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    It's in my downloads. I 'purchased' it on 1/19. Same SKU as the promo linked to. BUT the 'purchased' is not showing in place of 'Add to Cart'.

New "purchased" feature has some issues. Could it be a bundle thing?
  • Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Salem2007 said:
    I can't recognize stuff that well!
    I think you are better than me - there is still something that makes you wonder and be amazed. Once you start to see any picture just as a combination of various IDs, it ruins a lot to you. Sometimes I wish I wasn't able to recognize those pieces.

Attention to detail is never a bad thing! But, I know what you mean--it takes a litte of the fun out of it....

I was trying to ID the skin texture of the main figure--can anyone help with that?

Most probably this

I think that's it--good eye! Thank you!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Spit said:

New "purchased" feature has some issues. Could it be a bundle thing?

Nope, it was the only item from DAZ that day and it shows up in Taozen's history manager.