DSPro4.5 View-port: Issue When Adjusting Meshes, Help Please

DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

Hi all...

I hate to start a thread for this, but my search-fu is sucky at best.

I remember a thread about this, and I think it was RAMWolff who addressed the issue, but for the life of me, I can not find it within the forums, or even googling. I know it had a simple way to rectify the issue as well, but I can't find that within DS either.

Here goes:

When you are moving/rotating Genesis in the view-port, Genesis pops (or shifts) out of alignment during the process, and when you release the mouse it snaps back into original posistion. Thus you miss your target, because what was shown in the view-port (where you stop, thinking alignment achieved) while translating does not equal the final setting position.

Didn't really care about the annoyance up until now where it is crucial in the fine rigging of small parts in a current project.

Anyone know what the procedure is to change this in the view-port, so it is a one-to-one translation without the jumping?

Thank you in advanced.

Comments

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Hmm, not sure if I understand you correctly, but perhaps it is either the "Skin Binding" or the "Subdivision" (or both) in the "Tool Settings" within the "During Manipulation:" section that gets turned off while translating/rotating? The "Skin Binding" is probably the most annoying part and I set it to "Full" to avoid this "shifting of a character". "Subdivision" is less annoying, but if you want to avoid that as well, you can set this to "Persistent (On)".

Hope this helps :)

Translation_Tool.jpg
    579 x 529 - 68K
  • DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

A big Thank you, Renpatsu!

Skin Binding... That was it.

No wonder I couldn't find how to select it. I never use the selection tools (like the parameter dials), so my "Active" tool was always "Node Selection" when checking the Tool Settings. Never saw those options.

Also, learned something new. Never knew we had snapping guides. Let's see what I can use them for.

Thanks again, much appreciated!