The No Nude Genesis Challenge...

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Can you make it through the most prolific period of Wilmap Clothing Premiers?

Here's the deal: I have sworn that UNTIL Wilmap goes a FULL WEEK with NO new clothing issued, I shall refrain from rendering any nude genesis figures...

If we get ten people to promis not to render nude genesis figures until Wilmap goes aweek without posting clothing, I promis to beg and plead with Wendy to release her magnificent BURLAP SACK publically...

Wendy's clothing found at: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=wilmap

burlap.jpg
485 x 800 - 101K

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited February 2013

Be warned wancow, I have a long list of items that people have asked me to make!!!:lol:

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

So I won't be able to do it for a long, long time...

edited December 1969

Can you last for more than a week?

edited December 1969

Oh, I think I can manage... I've got all this sexy clothing now :)

edited December 1969

Wasn't meant to be sexy! Not even the underwear & tights!

Just ordinary every day clothing plus some evening wear.

edited December 1969

HA.... so you claim! :P

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Wasn't meant to be sexy! Not even the underwear & tights!

Just ordinary every day clothing plus some evening wear.

Sexy is relative. :-) There is no telling what people will find... stimulating... :ohh:

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I think I can go a week without rendering a single nude figure. My current record is about three years.

edited December 1969

That's ONE!

• edited February 2013

@wancow... Thank you for making me aware of Wilmap and her work. ;-)

-

@wilmap... Thank you for creating and making available your clothing creations. :coolsmile: Apologies Wendy that I didn't know about you and your creations earlier. :red:

-

@Challenge... Not render Genesis nude for a week or more? My God man! How can you be so cruel? :-P
    Honestly... I'm afraid I'm out because I'm testing the body morphs I've been working on. ;-P

Post edited by 7th Stone Productions on
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    That's ONE!
    My DA account has a grand total of three nude renders. Two of which use the 'convenient censorship' method of keeping things tasteful (well-placed leaves, flying drinks containers etc) and the other is a side-shot of Robo-Geisha's bottom. Being completely honest, I never really found full nudity terribly attractive in art unless handled in a very tasteful manner. Sometimes what they do wear is more attractive than what they don't wear.
    edited December 1969

He he!! Just added another outfit to ShareCG wancow.;-P:P

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    He he!! Just added another outfit to ShareCG wancow.;-P:P

Thank you very much!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,885
    edited December 1969

Do test renders to see how skin is looking count? If so, then it may actually be a challenge. If only finished renders count, then I can do this challenge in my sleep. I very rarely do nudes, and my current project doesn't call for them.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Peeks at Thread. Sneaks off to ask for yet another set of clothing from wilmap....

edited December 1969

Do test renders to see how skin is looking count? If so, then it may actually be a challenge. If only finished renders count, then I can do this challenge in my sleep. I very rarely do nudes, and my current project doesn't call for them.
    If they do, then I've already technically failed. I do tend to render nudes purely for testing skin settings and getting the right look for a character. None of them are ever uploaded though.
  • TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Wow. MANY outfits, including things people actually wear.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,730
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    That's ONE!
    My DA account has a grand total of three nude renders. Two of which use the 'convenient censorship' method of keeping things tasteful (well-placed leaves, flying drinks containers etc) and the other is a side-shot of Robo-Geisha's bottom. Being completely honest, I never really found full nudity terribly attractive in art unless handled in a very tasteful manner. Sometimes what they do wear is more attractive than what they don't wear.

just the opposite, clothes are sooooo boring and just get in the way in am image, LOL.
    I do have several of Wilmaps outfits.....just in case

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    That's ONE!

just the opposite, clothes are sooooo boring and just get in the way in am image, LOL.
    I do have several of Wilmaps outfits.....just in caseAll too often on DeviantArt I see work flagged as 'artistic nude' when it's about as artistic as a gynecology report. I don't mind nudity so much, but I much prefer it when people use it as a creative medium rather than having people naked purely for the sake of titillation. It can be a very powerful tool, and dramatically change the tone of an image but for every true artistic nude there are at least a dozen 'NVIATWAS' images.

• edited December 1969

wancow said:
    That's ONE!

I do have several of Wilmaps outfits.....just in caseAll too often on DeviantArt I see work flagged as 'artistic nude' when it's about as artistic as a gynecology report. I don't mind nudity so much, but I much prefer it when people use it as a creative medium rather than having people naked purely for the sake of titillation. It can be a very powerful tool, and dramatically change the tone of an image but for every true artistic nude there are at least a dozen 'NVIATWAS' images.

I think FSMCDesigns is just teasing, as was I in my reference to nudity in my earlier post. If I'm wrong about FSMC's post I am sure FSMC will correct me. ;-) Also, apologies if this is something you already realized. I wasn't sure from your responses.

Note: I do agree in general with you and the points you've made regarding artistic nudity HeraldOfFire.

edited February 2013

If they do, then I've already technically failed. I do tend to render nudes purely for testing skin settings and getting the right look for a character. None of them are ever uploaded though.

Only uploads count :)

Just so you all know, the genus of this thread came from Wendy when she fired off that magnificent burlap sack to me, because I rendered so many naked girls she was afraid they were going to catch cold... :)

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

7thStone said:
    wancow said:
    That's ONE!

I do have several of Wilmaps outfits.....just in case

All too often on DeviantArt I see work flagged as 'artistic nude' when it's about as artistic as a gynecology report. I don't mind nudity so much, but I much prefer it when people use it as a creative medium rather than having people naked purely for the sake of titillation. It can be a very powerful tool, and dramatically change the tone of an image but for every true artistic nude there are at least a dozen 'NVIATWAS' images.

I think FSMCDesigns is just teasing, as was I in my reference to nudity in my earlier post. If I'm wrong about FSMC's post I am sure FSMC will correct me. ;-) Also, apologies if this is something you already realized. I wasn't sure from your responses.

Note: I do agree in general with you and the points you've made regarding artistic nudity HeraldOfFire.

While i was kinda joking, i wasn't about my gallery. Obviously HeraldOfFire and myself have different ideas on what we view as art. I am pretty sure I can view some of what HeraldOfFire views as art and it not register with me and vice versa, doesn't mean it isn't art or artistic, just not to my liking, nothing more.

a NVIATWAS image can be art if it moves the viewer. Just because one person doesn't view an image as art, does not make it so.

• edited February 2013

While i was kinda joking, i wasn't about my gallery. Obviously HeraldOfFire and myself have different ideas on what we view as art. I am pretty sure I can view some of what HeraldOfFire views as art and it not register with me and vice versa, doesn't mean it isn't art or artistic, just not to my liking, nothing more.

a NVIATWAS image can be art if it moves the viewer. Just because one person doesn't view an image as art, does not make it so.

True, but the conversation has been so brief, imprecise and muddy so far that I haven't dared to apply that much definition to it. Hence I said I only "generally" agree with the points brought up so for. ;-) That and the LOL are why I saw your post more as teasing then being serious.

edited December 1969

Torby said:
    Wow. MANY outfits, including things people actually wear.

I know!!! I mean, who would have thought you could get people excited about everydaywear!

edited December 1969

I couldn't agree more. Art is a very individual thing, and just as well really. If we all had the same tastes in art, then galleries would be flooded by the same material repeated ad nauseam . I don't regard my personal views as being above anyone elses, as at the end of the day it's all down to your own tastes.

I know!!! I mean, who would have thought you could get people excited about everydaywear!

I think I've downloaded most of Wilmaps entire Genesis library. It's incredibly handy to have clothes that people would wear on a day to day basis. It's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the new skirt and top set (Town Girl for Genesis).

Of course, that doesn't mean I don't like the fantasy stuff either. It's always nice to dress Victoria up like a mighty warrior or a fragile princess.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Take a cucumber and stick it in the mud. That is not art. Now stick a cucumber in the mud, add a cabbage or two, throw in some tomatoes and onions, top it all off with some tulips and call it something weird like 'Vegitable Orgy' and you have art. :lol:

edited December 1969

Take a cucumber and stick it in the mud. That is not art. Now stick a cucumber in the mud, add a cabbage or two, throw in some tomatoes and onions, top it all off with some tulips and call it something weird like 'Vegitable Orgy' and you have art. :lol:

Dude, i have that print on the wall, how did you know? LOL.

Now there is an idea for a render. Off to find some 3D cabbage............................NAKED of course, LOL.

• edited February 2013

Now there is an idea for a render. Off to find some 3D cabbage............................NAKED of course, LOL.

Actually, with some imagination, a little work, and an adherence to the proper English definition of the word Art I could make a case for that cucumber stuck in mud as being art. Nude or not. :lol:

Before we get totally silly and completely hijack this thread, though, I'm dropping the conversation. :-P

edited December 1969

7thStone said:

Actually, with some imagination, a little work, and an adherence to the proper English definition of the word Art I could make a case for that cucumber stuck in mud as being art. Nude or not. :lol:

Before we get totally silly and completely hijack this thread, though, I'm dropping the conversation. :-P

Cucumber, Cabbage, Tomatoes, Onions and tulips... kinda sounds like a salad to me...

• edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Cucumber, Cabbage, Tomatoes, Onions and tulips... kinda sounds like a salad to me...

Ooooooooooh.... The "Art" of making a good salad. Tasty!

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. :-P

Darn it! I'm getting hungry now.