Changing Toe poses in script

I am writing a script that modifies the pose orientations of the different bones in a figure.  I use the getXRotControl(), getYRotControl(), getZRotControl() to modify the values.  This works for all bones except for the toes!  (at least on Genesis 2 figure).  How do I get the Bend control, Side-Side, and Twist of the toes?

Thanks.

Comments

• Make sure you really are getting the bones before you try getting the value - with the right toes selected this (bad, no error checking) works to print the bend value:

print ( Scene.getPrimarySelection().getXRotControl().getValue() );

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,525

Make sure you really are getting the bones before you try getting the value - with the right toes selected this (bad, no error checking) works to print the bend value:

print ( Scene.getPrimarySelection().getXRotControl().getValue() );

Thank you for replying.  Yes.  That gets the value.  I do not seem able to set it:

c = Scene.getPrimarySelection().getXRotControl();

print (c.getValue());

c.setValue(0);

print (c.getValue());

Executing Script...
    Result: 

If I do the same thing for something else (e.g., Right Foot), the above script works.  This is for Daz Studio v4.9.3.166 64 bit on Windows 7

• Your script works for me - check the rotation isn't locked, or driven to its limits via an ERC link

Huh.  If I start a new scene, load the Base Genesis 2 female and bring up the Parameters settings for the big toe, under the Controllers tab, I have a "ERC [DeltaAdd] > Genesis 2 Female: Right Big Toe Bend".  I assume that is what you mean by an ERC link?  Weird.  I have no idea how that got there (or how to get rid of it).

• The link is fine - I just meant be sure the controlling parameter isn't leaving you with no room to adjust the local setting.

The link is fine - I just meant be sure the controlling parameter isn't leaving you with no room to adjust the local setting.

Hi Richard.  No, that is not the problem.  I am going to table this for now and go onto something else.  Thank you for your help