HELP !!!! BRYCE 7 WONT INSTALL ON WINDOWS 8 MACHINE

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

HELP !!!! BRYCE 7 WONT INSTALL ON WINDOWS 8
I've got a new HP computer running Windows 8 and Bryce 7 will not install. I have the disc. Ive tried trouble shooting and using the 3 previous versions of windows but all that will install is the uninstaller! After trouble shooting it says that the installer is incompatable! I want the program on my new computer it has more ram and Bryce should run so much faster. the last machine I have it on runs XP did fine on that. I think Windows 8 stinx!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Bryce discussion forum.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited February 2013

I can't speak to Windows 8 other then to say I've seen others say they got Bryce working on Windows 8. What I wanted to comment on was the expectations for the memory. Undoubtedly if the last machine was based on XP then it most likely had slower memory and since the new memory is faster then yes Bryce would run faster on this new machine. However, by it's programming Bryce 7 Pro can only make use of 2GB's of memory. If you use a free utility available via search engine called LAA or Large Address Aware you can make Bryce access a little more up to approx. 3.5GB Max. If your last machine had 4GB's of memory and now you have 8 or 16 or even 32GB's you're not going to see any real change other then in the physical speed difference between the old and new memory. If your old machine had only 2GB of memory then you will see a difference because Bryce won't have to share memory with the system if you have 8GB or more now.

As for the installation problem all I can think of to suggest is to make sure you're using the latest version of Bryce which is v7.1.0.109 I doubt that would make much difference since all versions of Bryce were pre Windows 7 let alone Windows 8. and all versions of Bryce are only 32 Bit. Still, the latest version would have the best shot and of course that what you would want to be using if you did get it installed.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

BTW there was a previous thread about using Bryce in Win 8. It did get sidetracked badly, but the first page or so is all about Win 8 I believe

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11544/