M3 shoulder fix - a walk down memory lane

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm going to be using M3 for just a bit longer (I know, sooo behind the times!) Does anyone know how I can fix his shoulder issues or where I can dl a shoulder fix? I've searched until I'm blue in the face.

thanks,
mystmaiden

Comments

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited February 2013

I'm going to be using M3 for just a bit longer (I know, sooo behind the times!) Does anyone know how I can fix his shoulder issues or where I can dl a shoulder fix? I've searched until I'm blue in the face.

thanks,
    mystmaiden

simple details m3 by corvas
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/-simpledetails-m3-/78670

seems to be the only one I could find that still has an active link / product

Post edited by adzan on
  • edited December 1969

Thanks so much, that will be super helpful!

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,130
    edited December 1969

You can get the Mike 3 shape for Genesis and have the great bend properties that go with Genesis. I just wish they would come out with a Mike 3 UV option so we could use the materials from the Mike 3 era.

Mike_3_shape_in_Genesis.jpg
    911 x 892 - 367K
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited February 2013

MrPoser said:
    You can get the Mike 3 shape for Genesis and have the great bend properties that go with Genesis. I just wish they would come out with a Mike 3 UV option so we could use the materials from the Mike 3 era.

If you meant character textures, you can use Texture Converter 2 to convert from M3/V3 to M4/V4 and use M4/V4-converted textures with M4 UVs in Genesis.

Yes, those textures are usually of lesser resolution than current ones with no additional maps but maps can be mixed with Gen4 specular and displacement maps. Some characters for Gen 3 are just too unique to discard them.

Some examples of conversion (fast renders): M3 Tyrell by ArtCollaboration and Arki's Cratagh for M3 on Genesis.

G_AthenaTest.jpg
    509 x 916 - 42K
    G_TyrellTest.jpg
    682 x 849 - 42K
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • Virtua36Virtua36 Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Elleque made shoulder magnets for her Stuart character, their also working on clothes!

http://elleque.net/content/?p=3291