Content Creation question

RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,182
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,

Transferred Dagon for Hiro 3 to Genesis. Wanted to bring over the Scabbard and blades that go along with the outfit but when I transferred them over it put bones into them which was expected. I then deleted the shoulder and collar bones since that was pulling on and deforming both the Scabbard and sheathed Blade. I thought I had it fixed but I've now discovered when I deform Genesis, like apply the Bruno full body morph I made, the scabbard and blade deform along with Genesis. Don't want that.

Is there a way to freeze these items so they stay more static or

Is there a way to redo them so it parents to the Harness as it should but resizes with the body being resized but not deformed?

Tall order but there must be a way.

BrunoMuscleBearMorphApplied.jpg
786 x 916 - 302K
NoMorphs.jpg
742 x 872 - 272K

Comments

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,702
    edited February 2013

RAMWolff said:
    Hi,

Transferred Dagon for Hiro 3 to Genesis. Wanted to bring over the Scabbard and blades that go along with the outfit but when I transferred them over it put bones into them which was expected. I then deleted the shoulder and collar bones since that was pulling on and deforming both the Scabbard and sheathed Blade. I thought I had it fixed but I've now discovered when I deform Genesis, like apply the Bruno full body morph I made, the scabbard and blade deform along with Genesis. Don't want that.

Is there a way to freeze these items so they stay more static or

Is there a way to redo them so it parents to the Harness as it should but resizes with the body being resized but not deformed?

Tall order but there must be a way.

You could either look into rigidity mapping (smay has a tutorial video), or you could just parent the sword and scabbard to the back and not treat it like a conformer? I don't know the outfit, so if it has straps and stuff that are meant to conform, that wouldn't work. But if it's just a sword and scabbard, I'd smart prop it.

If it does have straps and things, I think you can select by surface groups (assuming they're done in such a way that allows you to easily isolate the sword and scabbard) and fill for your rigidity.

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,182
    edited December 1969

I think it was just originally parented because there are no extra straps that bend over anything. Just butts up against the Harness...

Do you have that link for the tutorial handy?

HarnessScabbard.jpg
    868 x 933 - 207K
    ScabbardwSword.jpg
    626 x 931 - 149K