Daz 4.5.1.6 No content new install on Mac OS 10.8.2

seriouswrongseriouswrong Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have seen this mentioned a few times with no real fix.

The only content I seem to have is 4 scripts located in the Daz Studio Format/My Library/Scripts/Utilities/

On my actually drive (/macdrive/Users/Myusername/Documents/Daz 3D/ where it choose to use as my library area I see
A Studio folder with sub folders My Library / Scripts /Utilities (with the 4 dse files and a MovScripts folder) no other content)
and a Render Library folder thats empty

I have uninstalled/reinstalled both the Daz 4.5 and content management services with no luck, reset the database, reset the meta data, searched for files etc. with no luck

Completely deleted all the filed in between the uninstalls/reinstalls (they were left over after running the uninstallers)
I do not see the Content Manager running as a service in activity monitor nor when I manually click it does it show either. I wonder if this is an issue with the CMS?

I run little snitch Firewall, but turned it off during the installs and running Daz to see if that was it and it made no difference.

Running i7 Processor with 16gigs ram OS 10.8.2 on Mac Mini dual head intel HD4000 graphics (like any of that matters but who knows)

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Did you install Genesis Starter Essentials? The content is a separate installer from the application..

• seriouswrongseriouswrong Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

Did you install Genesis Starter Essentials? The content is a separate installer from the application..

Actually I did not, just never had to install content separate before. (when I installed 4.0 on my PC content was included in the install).

I found it by resetting my downloads, will download it and try it.

Thanks

-- Update that did the trick, I now have the default content, thanks!

Post edited by seriouswrong on