shaders plus

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello! I need to install shader plus, from Digital carvers guild, but it seems to be un-recognized by carrara 8.1.1.12... same in the beta version of 8.5... anybody has tried to install the DCG plugs in the last version of C PRO ???

Comments

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

celmar said:
    Hello! I need to install shader plus, from Digital carvers guild, but it seems to be un-recognized by carrara 8.1.1.12... same in the beta version of 8.5... anybody has tried to install the DCG plugs in the last version of C PRO ???

Yes. I have installed Enhance:C and Terrain Tools just a few weeks ago.

As with most (all?) Carrara plug-ins, simply copy a few files into the Extensions folder. Make sure that you have copied all the files.

For the record, DCG is extremely helpful and responsive; so if the forum posts here don't help you resolve, contacting DCG surely will.

• FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited December 1969

I have Enhance:C, Shaders Plus, Shader Ops, Shader Ops 2, and Anything Goos - they all work quite nicely under 8.1.1.2

Make sure you put the right files in the directory: 32 vs. 64 bit, Windows vs Mac.

I don't recommend trying to organize your "Extensions" folder: put everything in the main folder - no sub-folders.

• laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

thank you for your answers!!!... as I have the same problem with shader ops, and shader plus, I'm answering that the fact to be under that damned f... Windows 8 is'nt the problem... I remember, with win 7, it was very simple: dragging in extension folder, wrinting once open C8 the serial number, and that's done!...