Troubleshooting ***Daz 4.5.1.56 with Reality 2.5 and luxrender 1.1

SoulTroubadourSoulTroubadour Posts: 0
edited February 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hey guys-

I been trying to get this to work for a couple of days. I initially did not have the newest versions of all 3 pieces of software. I could run reality and it would call up luxrender and start to work- but it would crash a couple of minutes into rendering

So now after considerable headaches I think I have updated to the correct versions- Daz 5.1.56 with Reality 2.5 and luxrender 1.1

Now- The Reality window pops up in daz- but launching the render from Reality does not pull up luxrender- It just sits there forever and says its loading geometry.

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

thanks

Post edited by SoulTroubadour on

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

You must be from the future as Daz 5 hasn't been released yet. If you can drop me next weeks lottery numbers, I'd be much obliged.

Still, onto your problem. If it's exporting geometry, make sure you're not ticking the 'export only' option. This renders it out to a file, but doesn't actually load in Luxrender and will require you to manually load it. If it's actually stuck there, then we'll need more information like your system specs and information on the scene. It's possible there's some obscure geometry causing problems or that your system is struggling to keep up.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

I think ST means 4.5.1.56 ;)

I guess if you really have limited RAM and the scene is large, it could be a memory problem. This would be easy to test with a very small scene. If it is exporting geometries only, then they go to a file and not RAM and it should not hang, so I doubt it is that.

Is Reality pointing to a valid Luxrender 1.1 program folder? (Bottom of Reality output tab.)
    Is the path to your Lux scene file malformed (e.g. two dots in a row in filename, or two slashes in URL)? (In output tab again.)
    Does Luxrender 1.1 launch on its own?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,901
    edited December 1969

Did you tell Reality where the new copy of LuxRender is?

• SoulTroubadourSoulTroubadour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No he is right...

I am from the future. Backwards compatibility is very important to me! lol

Thanks for the responses everyone. I just woke up to find a few excellent suggestions that I have not tried.
    I will see if i can get this thing to work and post the results in this thread later today.

Thank you very much :)

Soul

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

By the way, there is an update to Reality 2.5 to add support for Luxrender 1.2. I've been using builds of 1.2 for several months, but later versions of it caused Reality-created Lux scenes to have inverted displacement. This has now been fixed in Reality. I'm not sure what other changes there are, if any.

Luxrender 1.2 is now at Release Candidate stage, so it's no longer necessary to look amongst the weekly builds for it. Windows versions here.