THANK YOU DAZ! "Purchased" item buttons NOW!

3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Werll they finally did it. They added the you have already "Purchased" this button. Check it out. Go to something you purchased and click the thumbnail. Tada! There it is.

Thank you. :)

Comments

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Werll they finally did it. They added the you have already "Purchased" this button. Check it out. Go to something you purchased and click the thumbnail. Tada! There it is.

I've found it to be intermittently accurate . . . but still, a step in the right direction! :wow: Thanks DAZ!
  • MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,683
    edited February 2013

Whats even *MORE* awesome, it also reflects individuals items purchased in a bundle!
    Now *THATS* a step in the right direction!

Great Job Daz!!!!

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    Whats even *MORE* awesome, it also reflects individuals items purchased in a bundle!

Great Job Daz!!!!

-MJ

Sometimes it does this, sometimes not so much. But I completely agree it's a good improvement.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:

Great Job Daz!!!!

-MJ

Not fully, if a bundle still ships as a bundle sometimes it will not show the individual items as purchased.
    edited December 1969

What do u mean by "ships as a bundle"? Ive checked quite a few bundles and they all showed the individual items as purchased.

-MJ

edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    What do u mean by "ships as a bundle"? Ive checked quite a few bundles and they all showed the individual items as purchased.

-MJ

I have a couple that are Still in the store as Bundles (Ships) and those two still show only the bundle as purchased. All others do show properly.
    edited February 2013

Every bundled ive purchased whether still in the store or not, shows the individual items as purchased. At least all the ones im aware of i purchased. For example...
    - The "Ugly Bundle" (i believe its called), which is not in the store is showing all the items in it as purchased
    - The Hiro Complete Bundle, which is in the store is also showing all the items in it as purchased

Im VERY pleased with this enhancement!

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

This was mentioned in the other thread, but for Example I have the Freak 5 pro bundle. Site says I have purchased Freak5 and Derek (they were in the bundle) but site does not realize I also have the Freak 5 Starter bundle. So that is an example.

edited February 2013

This was mentioned in the other thread, but for Example I have the Freak 5 pro bundle. Site says I have purchased Freak5 and Derek (they were in the bundle) but site does not realize I also have the Freak 5 Starter bundle. So that is an example.
    Correct. Same here. I get very similar with my M5 bundle.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

Yep, same for me. Items I purchased are showing up as purchased (unless I got them elsewhere, like Neanderthal). Items I won as contest prizes are showing up as purchased. Bundles I purchased are showing up as purchased, and so are individual items from bundles I purchased. However, bundles contained in other bundles are not showing up as purchased. Though not perfect, this seems like a very positive development!

One slightly weird note, though consistent with the above: Platinum Club Monthly Membership is showing up as purchased for me. I did purchase it once, but I'm not currently a PC member. It's still possible to add it to my cart.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I have a couple of weird things tied to PC special promotions, when Urban Fae for V4 doesn't show as purchased, despite being purchased and MFD for Genesis shows as purchased even if I don't have it in my history.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    I have a couple of weird things tied to PC special promotions, when Urban Fae for V4 doesn't show as purchased, despite being purchased and MFD for Genesis shows as purchased even if I don't have it in my history.

MFD for genesis did come in a bundle. I think it may have been with the Unimesh fits, or something like that.

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

Well, I didn't really expect it to be perfect, did you? ;)

In fact, I didn't really expect it in my lifetime but there is was. One can only hope it will prevent a plethora of double purchases, especially for those who never used this or that item the first time they bought it. lol

Anyway, it is also nice to put another TY thread in the forums given there are so many complaint threads at any given time.

edited December 1969

I'm all for it, we need more nice threads. I'm fine with needing to keep up with a few bundles until all the bugs get squished.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kattey said:

MFD for genesis did come in a bundle. I think it may have been with the Unimesh fits, or something like that.
    I've checked with "Fun with Bundle" thread and I don't have the bundle it was in. I remember it was a limited-time freebie (?) during some PC anniversary celebration but I don't remember was it direct download or something else, point is I don't have it in my order list and can't reset it :-/

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

I've noticed several items I know I have that it does not display purchased on. For example, the Echos of Andromeda on Fast Grab today is one I have, yet shows as "add to cart" for me.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,954
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    chohole said:
    Kattey said:

I've checked with "Fun with Bundle" thread and I don't have the bundle it was in. I remember it was a limited-time freebie (?) during some PC anniversary celebration but I don't remember was it direct download or something else, point is I don't have it in my order list and can't reset it :-/

The Genesis MFD was added to the Unimesh Fits product - so if you had already bought the latter you should just need to do a reset to get the former. It was a bundle after the fact.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    chohole said:
    Kattey said:

The Genesis MFD was added to the Unimesh Fits product - so if you had already bought the latter you should just need to do a reset to get the former. It was a bundle after the fact.

Wow, true! Thanks, I would never guess it was a bundle by itself :/

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,383
    edited February 2013

I've just tried adding a few things to my cart, things I got as the weekly freebies, CD player, Garbage pile, Headphones none of them said I had purchased them previously. Looks as if it doesnt recognise it if you got it free.

Actualy its not giving me a Purchased before message for anything I've bought before.
    I've tried logging out and back in still the same.

Post edited by scorpio on
    edited February 2013

I've just tried adding a few things to my cart, things I got as the weekly freebies, CD player, Garbage pile, Headphones none of them said I had purchased them previously. Looks as if it doesnt recognise it if you got it free.

Actualy its not giving me a Purchased before message for anything I've bought before.
    I've tried logging out and back in still the same.

It works differently now. When you on a product page, look at Add to Cart button. If you purchased the item and system recognizes it, that button should be grey by default instead of default green and say "Purchased". You don't get any additional warnings and you can buy same item again if you wish so.
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Cleared your cache ? Hard refresh ?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,383
    edited December 1969

I did try that but I've just done it again and that seems to have sorted it.

• PsychaDurmontPsychaDurmont Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Thank you DAZ! A wonderful step in the correct direction.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Odd note; when browsing (logged in!) mobile from my iPhone, I get 'Purchased' buttons on items that I am QUITE certain I'd never purchased. (Like the Morphing Python, in fact.)

But mobile browsing on the post-Magento DAZ site has always been fraught with server-side caching issues.

-- Morgan

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Seems to be hit and miss for me with the order I placed on 2/2.

Moonlit Moonshines Diner Interior Noir - Shows as Purchased
    Classic Deco - Shows as Purchased
    Upper East Side for Classic Deco - Shows as Purchased

City Roads - Does not show as Purchased
    Easy Environments Road to Hell - Does not show as Purchased
    Cleave - Does not show as Purchased

I've found it to be intermittently accurate . . . but still, a step in the right direction! :wow: Thanks DAZ!
  • kimhkimh Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

I just double checked and it is the same for me...The Freak Starter Bundle does not show but the individual items in the Freak Starter Bundle show as purchased. If you notice in the list of items in the Pro Bundle ...the Starter Bundle does not have it's own link but is greyed out and then lists the individual items separately with links under it. I suspect that is to keep the system from looking like you have the items twice or forcing you to use just the link to go look up the indivual items.

• kimhkimh Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

And I also want to say Thanks DAZ. This is a huge plus

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Odd note; when browsing (logged in!) mobile from my iPhone, I get 'Purchased' buttons on items that I am QUITE certain I'd never purchased. (Like the Morphing Python, in fact.)

But mobile browsing on the post-Magento DAZ site has always been fraught with server-side caching issues.

-- Morgan

I had the same problem when I checked after first seeing this thread. I also found at least 3 items that said I had purchased them, and I know I haven't. I also checked to see if they were part of some bundles, but they weren't, and I was browsing from my laptop, so it's not just a "mobile" issue.
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,881
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

I had the same problem when I checked after first seeing this thread. I also found at least 3 items that said I had purchased them, and I know I haven't. I also checked to see if they were part of some bundles, but they weren't, and I was browsing from my laptop, so it's not just a "mobile" issue.

Yep, not on mobile, and things say Purchased when not, and things I've bought don't say purchased. Several people have reported it to the bugs section so they know it isn't working right. But they're trying at least!