The huntsman in Poser Pro???

Sport 3DSport 3D Posts: 71
edited February 2013 in The Commons

I just bought "the huntsman" , and i'm not able to make it work in Poser Pro. I asked the sales support, but did'nt have any response yet.
I have a conflict between the .trx file and the companion file, the result is very desappointing, see attched file.
What 's the problem please? Is it working for you? I have windows 7, poser pro 2012, and of course, dson plugin.

PbTextures.JPG
1189 x 1021 - 49K
Post edited by Sport 3D on

Comments

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Did you check the UV mapping? I think the base Genesis may be set to V4 mapping.

• nic.b_a917a28c25nic.b_a917a28c25 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem with Poser9. How do I check the UV-mapping. Sorry, I'm a newbee :)

• Sport 3DSport 3D Posts: 71
    edited February 2013

You have the UV map plugin from Mec 4 D (free) , and you can change the Genesis mapping in Poser Pro (via material)

In fact I have not all textures installed because of the conflict (see attched files) , and geometries fail to load (for clothes and props). So I can't even choose the UV mapping (I can, but I don't have the textures) , it's a big bug for me!

PbProps.JPG
    1409 x 1084 - 60K
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited February 2013

You installed the files in wrong path , they not loading as they are in wrong place , you don;t have to change UV's , as everything is prepared, and if you load the !TheHuntsman Actor in Poser it should load everything at once with textures

here test loading all at once .. in Poser 2012
    you may check again the path where you installed your files as that is for sure the case here

Cath

poser-preview-huntsman.jpg
    718 x 886 - 122K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited February 2013

I can't properly install the two files, I get this message when I install the second file. Some textures are missing , no morph, no props!

pb1.JPG
    645 x 375 - 52K
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

I would re install everything manually and start again
    and if you still have problems wait for DAZ support as they make the installers .

I had problems installing the DAZ horse also and missed stuff like you have right now, what I did I extract it to a one directory for example : D:/My Library

and after the both files was extracted I manually placed them into the right folders and it worked . there are 3 folder to be placed, data , people and runtime, very easy ..

Roudneff said:
    I can't properly install the two files, I get this message when I install the second file. Some textures are missing , no morph, no props!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,885
    edited December 1969

Roudneff said:

Don't run the uninstaller when installing part 2. I think that message is automatically generated when it finds an uninstaller for the same product. I always get it on two (or more) part installers, and I just ignore it with no problem.

(I don't have the huntsman yet, but I have done enough installs to know when to ignore that message.)

edited December 1969

Some very usefull message disappeared! Strange...
    I did like that, I extracted in a new folder and put it manually in my genesis runtime as advised.
    It's now better: Ive got the clothes and props, I ve got the hunstman morph, but some textures are stil missing: hand, arms, forearms, abdomen, hips, feet...

pbTextures3.JPG
    1206 x 977 - 62K
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,999
    edited December 1969

The Huntsman doesn't come with a full character texture. The skin textures are designed to be used with the full Huntsman outfit.

edited December 1969

Are you sure? It's very desappointing: in fact arms are seen, and texture is not the same as the face...
    I did'nt understood that when I bought this product...So now everithing is OK, but a little bit deceiving...

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,999
    edited December 1969

The arms are textured like it's covered in cloth, same with the legs, but then you can only see a little bit between the pants and boots depending on the genesis morphs used. The "What Included and Feature's" tab on the product page says it comes with "Huntsman Head, Neck and Torso Texture" which is what you're seeing.

I actually look at the included texture (and hair for that matter) as a bonus. With a few exceptions, clothing sets typically don't include neither. She even threw in a character morph, a bunch of props and an archer pose!