Anyone know how to make a "Human Torch" in DAZ?

kenwmay_bab7cfcd5fkenwmay_bab7cfcd5f Posts: 68
edited December 1969 in New Users

I need to set a guy on fire like the Human Torch and leave the trail of fire as he flies. Can anyone help?

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,383
    edited December 1969

Post work would be how I would do it.

• kenwmay_bab7cfcd5fkenwmay_bab7cfcd5f Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

scorpio64dragon. Can it be done in DAZ? And if so, how. I don't have Maya.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Post work is normally done using an image editor such as Gimp, PSP, or a similar type program which can use layers.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited February 2013

You mean something like this?

The image was created with Genesis, JoeQuick's free 'supersuit' for Genesis, a couple of 'geometry shells' of the supersuit with varying levels of opacity, a couple of shaders and some postwork in GIMP (some flame brushes on one layer, at about 50% opacity and a blurred flame on another layer at about 30%)

The second image is the original render/no postwork...

Bodysuit... http://www.sharecg.com/v/65219/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Free-Genesis-Bodysuit

flameon2.jpg
    1024 x 1280 - 187K
    flameon3.png
    1024 x 1280 - 757K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

mjc1016, this is what I'm trying to do. I'm pretty new. What is GIMP or PSP? Is that in DAZ? If not, where do I find it?
    Can the flames be animated?
    Any chance of you doing a step by step tutorial? Please?

edited December 1969

I'll try a step by step some time Tuesday...but the second image (the one without the flames) IS a straight Studio render,

But the way I did the flames, no they wouldn't be animated easily. As it stands, right now, Studio would not be a good tool to do something like that as an animation sequence...primarily, due to the fact that Studio lacks a particle system to make the animated flames.

GIMP and PSP are image editing software. GIMP is free/Open Source software, Paintshop is by Adobe and paid software.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Very nice render, and cool postwork.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oskarsson has a "Firebird" Genesis model which mimic the Human Torch quite well.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/genesis-firebird/96205

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    I'll try a step by step some time Tuesday...but the second image (the one without the flames) IS a straight Studio render,

But the way I did the flames, no they wouldn't be animated easily. As it stands, right now, Studio would not be a good tool to do something like that as an animation sequence...primarily, due to the fact that Studio lacks a particle system to make the animated flames.

GIMP and PSP are image editing software. GIMP is free/Open Source software, Paintshop is by Adobe and paid software.

Photoshop is by Adobe, not Paintshop. Two different programs.

edited December 1969

I need to make a Golden Age Human Torch "Flame On" and then take off into the air. Any help on how to do it would be greatly appreciated.

edited December 1969

For animation, the best bet would probably be to use the set by Oskarsson...

I know of no easy way in DS to animate the flames, yet.

edited December 1969

Thanks mjc1016 for the info. I'll give it a try.
    Cool work on the Torches.
    Looking forward to the tutorial.