Is there a way to disable metadata completely so I can see all my content?

BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'll admit, I'm a fan of Gen 3 figures. V3, M3, S3, Millenium Horse, Songbird reMix... but (and this is no news to anyone)all that won't show in the Daz interface. Is there a way to bypass the whole metadata mess and allow me to use everything in my library I've bought over the last six years? I'm looking for a pre-metadata edition of Daz 4 or even one of the last updated version of Daz 3.. Does anyone know where I can find it? Daz pulls their old software and replaces it with their latest update. Even listings I've googled for Daz 3 show Daz 4downloads.

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

I'll admit, I'm a fan of Gen 3 figures. V3, M3, S3, Millenium Horse, Songbird reMix... but (and this is no news to anyone)all that won't show in the Daz interface. Is there a way to bypass the whole metadata mess and allow me to use everything in my library I've bought over the last six years? I'm looking for a pre-metadata edition of Daz 4 or even one of the last updated version of Daz 3.. Does anyone know where I can find it? Daz pulls their old software and replaces it with their latest update. Even listings I've googled for Daz 3 show Daz 4downloads.
    I don't know what layout you are using, but there are two different tabs for content. Your particular solution is not to use the Smart Content Tab, use the Content Library Tab instead.
  • BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Just saw the smart content tab and thought that was the default. I'll change layouts and see what comes up. I remember having no problem using pre-meta in the first release of Daz 4, but since meta got integrated it looked like it was freezing out all my content. I've used 3.1.1.73 and I accidently deleted the install file so I can't install it on my new PC. I am curious why Daz doesn't leave archive copies of old versions instead of pointing them all to the latest download. I use DAZ as a character generator to import people, animals, props into Bryce 7, nothing more. My Studio doesn't need to be complicated. My main tool is Bryce, Daz is the equivelant of a plug-in for me. Thanks for the tip, hope it works.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you 'bought' DS3 (free version) through the store here, it will still be in your Itemised Order History. Just use the Reset button to get it.

If you got it somewhere else, then writing to Support may help.