Morph loaded figure meshes distort when posing, what am I doing wrong?

quicktechquicktech Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Thanks everyone for any help. I have exported a genesis mesh which I imported to Sculptris to modify. After modifying and exporting It out of Sculptris to DAZ the morph apparently loads fine (no error messages in morph loader pro). The mesh looks exactly like I altered it when bringing the slider to 100%, but when posing the mesh becomes distorted. The arms and shoulders become squished/bent. I must be missing a step or maybe not checking or unchecking a box somewhere. *I have not changed any settings in morph loader pro for creating the morph. I am Using DAZ 4.5.1.41 64 bit.

genesis_female.jpg
572 x 728 - 81K

Comments

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,505
    edited December 1969

The rigging no longer lines up properly with the mesh.

Edit>Figure>Rigging>Adjust Rigging To Shape... should solve your problem.

• quicktechquicktech Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You are awesome Murgatroyd. Everything seems to be working fine now. I used the defaults under Adjust Rigging to Shape..
    Thank you!

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

You now need to ERC freeze that adjusted rig to the morph, otherwise it wont save, you do that in the Property Editor tab's options menu.

You'll find that using Adjust Rigging to Shape gets you good results, but you might still have to fine tune the joints in the Joint Editor to get them all working well.