trouble wearing the Centurion outft

ShadonarShadonar Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm rather new to this, but have been having some fun creating scenes. However I'm running into far too many issues with clothing, environments and such. I've also spent way too much money to just quit using this software. I'm determined to figure out what's going on and if it's something that i'm doing or something else.

For instance, I just recently bought the Centurion outfit and the expansion pack, however when i go into Daz and attempt to wear any of the outfits, nothing happens. looking at the items icon in the Content Library pane (since none of this shows up in the Smart Content pane) it only lists the clothing as Material(s), and not as Wardrobe or anything else. This is getting very frustrating and I'm almost getting upset attempting to use something that's supposed to be awesome and incredible but hardly ever seems to work.

Another instance, I also recently bought Rose Blossom and I have the required products but the items don't show up in the Content Library pane, but I can find the actual files where they were installed...

Another instance, I installed the Fantasy Castle Grounds yesterday and today when I try to load it and create a scene it gives me these errors "Could not find file:/Runtime/Textures/FC_Ground/*.jpg" and after checking the location where I installed it...these files actually don't exist, even though the installer didn't report any errors and stated it completed installation.

Please help. What few things I've gotten to work have been fantastic and I've had a blast, I really don't want to just throw everything in the trash.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Links to the Items will help me. But I'm thinking for now that your not Installing the FULL package. Some things need both the Das Studio and Poser Files installed before they will work.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2013

Centurion you are looking for things entitled "B25CArmBands " etc. which should be in runtime/libraries/character/Centurion.

Rose Blossom is a texture set, and requires Rose Fariy to work http://www.daz3d.com/rose-fairy-v4

FC_Ground should be in a texture folder called FC_Ground, but the jpg's don't have that name.

AS Jaderail says it is quite possible that you have missed some of the required files to download.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ShadonarShadonar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Installing the poser files definitely helped. I've still got a few problems but I think I can nail them down. Thank you for your help!!

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,999
    edited December 1969

Here's some added info that may help understand how things work:

Clothing content for Gen4 figures and earlier are typically supplied as Poser .cr2 format files and can be found in Poser Formats>My Library>Figures. It's helpful to view the readme and it will tell you where the content was installed.

Since Poser material settings don't give the best results in DAZ Studio, you'll frequently see optimized DAZ materials files also included, sometimes in the main installer, sometimes as a separate installer (note the DS installer file is usually much smaller than the dpc installer. The metadata ds installer is optional, as the files should already be in the dpc and/or ds installer).

Typically, these DAZ material files are found in one of two places:

1. DAZ Studio Formats>My Library. Again, you should check the read me where they are installed. Sounds like Centurion outfit is setup that way. or;

2. Many times these optimized DAZ material files are included in the same folder as the Poser materials files ie: Poser Formats>My Library>Pose. From the front end they appear to be poser .pz2 files, but there is a script and DS material files also in the folder (that don't display within the DAZ Studio application) that will apply the hidden DS material file if the script senses you're using the DAZ Studio program and not the Poser program.

My best advice if you're having problems locating newly installed content, it's best to refer back to the readme included with the installer as it will show you the exact location where to look. The file list link in the readme can be examined also.

As an added note: If I have both dpc and ds installers with similar size, and you don't use Poser, many times I have installed only the ds installer. When trying to load the content from the DAZ Studio Content library I get error messages it can't find a file, typically a texture file. When that happens, I'll install the dpc installer and everything is fine. If you get a warning that it senses a previous installation and to uninstall, reply NOT TO uninstall.