Videogames and daz...

nachocpolnachocpol Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

First of all …hello! I'm new in the community and in DAZ 3D.

I have some questions related with videogames and daz.
At the moment i'm using unity to make a multiplayer game , i have coded the most and i want to start adding some "content"
First, im going to start with characters and animations, so i want to know if daz wil be apropiate for me ( modeling , texturing, making animations and exporting that all).Im not an expert on modeling and animations, so i want to know to if with my begginer intermediate level i would manage it...

So, see you! And give me your opinion

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

If you want to use DAZ items in a game, you must buy a gaming license. The license is only valid on DAZ originals though, so if you want to use any other items that you bought in DAZ store, that are not DAZ originals, you would have to contact the respective vendors about it.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,633
    edited December 1969

The Unity Engine store isn't having what you want?

• nachocpolnachocpol Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So, with that license i get a diferent software or its just the same but they let me to use their models into my game?
    @Sickle yes the Asset store have many characters , but those characters are really expensive so... :(

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

nachocpol said:
    So, with that license i get a diferent software or its just the same but they let me to use their models into my game?

They let you use the models you buy here in DAZ store (and that are DAZ originals) in your game. You are not allowed to use them in games without the license. Without the license you are only allowed to make pictures or animations with them.

One of the vendors here, Rawart, also has a gaming license for his products, which is sold here in the store. For products by other vendors you would have to contact the respective vendors.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

The license gives you the rights to use Daz original figures and models in your game, but using them out of the box might not be the best idea. A plugin for Daz Studio called Decimator can reduce the figures down to lower poly versions more suited for video games. One of the reasons I got into 3D modelling was to create my own figures for games so that I wouldn't actually need to worry about licenses as all the work would be my own.

Remember, that if you use figures or models which are not made by Daz then you'll need to check with the individual vendor to see if it's covered by the game license. Further more, if your game makes over a certain amount (100k per year) you'll need to upgrade the license to a commercial license rather than use the cheaper indie game license.