Install Manager is Tops, but now what do I do with Non-Daz Content from other stores?

roberthutchinsonroberthutchinson Posts: 306
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I love the Install Manager, but I wish there was a way to install content from other stores such as Renderosity and Runtime DNA just to name a few. I have purchased tons of content from these stores and have always had to spend hours manually placing content into my DAZ Library. I just purchased over 100 content products from Runtime and do not look forward to manually placing content, especially now that I am spoiled by Install Manager. So, how do all of you install these non-DAZ content data? Is there another program that will segregate the content and add in the appropriate folders? eg. things that go into the runtime/libraries/poses folder are searched and parsed from my purchases and place all of the pose content in the poses folder, etc.

Comments

• edited December 1969

We've been having a bit of a discussion about this in the PC thread about DIM. Sppoky was talking about what he uses for renderosity and runtime DNA. Here's what we have so far after Spooky's original comments:

sikeus said:
    sikeus said:

I went over to Dimension3d's store at Renderosity, but I couldn't figure out which product it was. Is it Poser File Organizer 3 or is it Runtime Zip or Runtime Repair (or the Runtime Zip and Repair bundle...)?

Will this work on zipped freebie products that use the poser runtime structure? That would be awesome.

Thanks for the heads up about this awesome product. Combined with DIM, life will be much happier. :)

We actually bought the big bundle. :) The combination of Runtime Zip/Runtime Repair is a great combination and what I use. And yes it works with freebies as long as the zip structure is correct.

That's very helpful, thanks. I've tried to find this answer on the web and looking through the manual for those products, but I can't seem to find out for sure if they can bundle install. I'm guessing that I can select a whole bunch of zips at once and direct them to be extracted to a designated folder. Is that true?

I'd definitely love to get other people's feedback about different ways to bulk install zipped poser content from other stores.

• BTLProdBTLProd Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

I own a couple of different ones, my personal favorite is the Bundle from Dimension3D. Runtimezip/Runtime Repair. Not only does it install, but it fixes Poser files during install. This is invaluable, to me, when dealing with content from sources with, shall we say, less than stellar QA. :)

• roberthutchinsonroberthutchinson Posts: 306
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately, these programs are for Windows operating systems only. I was looking for MAC applications to do similar.

• edited December 1969

I just got word from Spooky in the other PC thread that the Runtime Zip/Repair does indeed unzip multiple zips at once to the same folder.

SultryLady, have you checked to see if a basic zip program unzips multiple files at once to the same place while merging identical file? I don't use Macs for DAZ3D, so I can't help you there. Maybe someone else will know the answer.