need help in Fixing body parts to a position and better understanding with timeline animation

samialshahrisamialshahri Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

hi everyone I just downloaded the program yesterday to play with, this is my first time dealing with 3D modeling/animation program. so expect me to be as clueless as a caveman with computers. I am at the moment reading the lesson and trying out things.

-is there a function or command to fix body parts to a position lets say the feet to the ground in a way if I move the rest of the body parts the joints of the body will adjust so the feet can stay in it's place?

such things are handy when doing a frame for jumping, they need to squat a lil before jumping.

Timeline... putting or making a pose at a certain timeline and the program does it's trick to make the animation from one pose to another( even thought it's not perfect I still think it's very brilliant). The problem comes up when many times I find out I made the next pose either too early making the action hyper fast or too late making the action sluggish.

-is there a way to copy the pose in the frame, undo the changes from making/adding the pose, and then paste it somewhere else on the timeline?

-or stretch the timeline between frames if the action is too fast to make more frame per seconds and compress the timeline for less fps?

greatly appreciate all the help I can get

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

is there a function or command to fix body parts to a position lets say the feet to the ground in a way if I move the rest of the body parts the joints of the body will adjust so the feet can stay in it's place?
    You can pin individual body parts, but it's not always perfect. To do this, select the body part you want to pin (such as a foot) and then using the Universal Tool (Alt+Shift+U) click on the pin icon near the compass. You can pin either translation or rotation or both. What that means is that if you pin translation, the foot won't move, but can still bend if other parts are moved. If you pin rotation only, the foot can move but won't change it's angle.

is there a way to copy the pose in the frame, undo the changes from making/adding the pose, and then paste it somewhere else on the timeline?

Use CTRL+C with the figure selected to copy the information. Now, when it comes to pasting the animation, do so from the Edit menu. You'll have the option to Paste Figure Pose. This is important because when you copy you copy a lot of information, including the body shape and any other morphs applies. If you just paste you might get unusual results. Similarly, you can also paste figure shapes without matching the poses as well.

stretch the timeline between frames if the action is too fast to make more frame per seconds and compress the timeline for less fps?
    Not that I know of. I haven't done animation extensively enough to comment on that, but if there is a way to do it I haven't come across it yet.

• samialshahrisamialshahri Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you fire,

The pin as you said is not perfect but it's great to have, I hope there is a way to offset the pin point to make the body attacking that point when I move the joint.

about the frames I tried copying the pose and going back in time it didn't work or I am missing something;

I used something simple; male boxing pose, on the 20 frame I extended the left arm as if the actor was jabbing (light punch), I did the copy figure went to frame 1 or 0 pasted figure pose didn't work. I tried copying frame one and doing the same on frame 40 didn't work as well.. I know I can just add the male boxing pose again but that won't help when I create an entail pose.

thanks again, any further help from the community is greatly appreciated

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited February 2013

I did the copy figure went to frame 1 or 0 pasted figure pose didn’t work. I tried copying frame one and doing the same on frame 40 didn’t work as well

DAZ Studio does not cut and paste (or Copy) figures, if that was what you were trying to do?

I just tried this in the DS Timeline. Go to the frame that you want to copy, then go to the dropdown menu in the Parameters pane, select 'Memorize' and select Memorize Figure (or Figure Pose), then move back to the timeline, go to Frame 1, and using the Parameters menu again, use 'Restore' and the figure should assume the Pose that you previously Memorized.

Untitled-1.jpg
    764 x 444 - 130K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • samialshahrisamialshahri Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You are correct Jim that is what I meant, and yes it did work.

Thanks to both of you I am one step towards learning how to use the program