Linking to ShareCG and DeviantArt is OKAY!

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited February 2013 in The Commons

Just so everyone is clear: Linking to ShareCG and DeviantArt for Art and freebies is OKAY by all the moderators who I have been in touch with.

According to at least one, DA and SCG are in tune with DAZ's goals and direction, thankyouverymuch!

Oh: and I want to say one more thing... as someone who has, in the past, got himself in trouble with DAZ Forum Moderators (I've had more than one email about my forum conduct :P) I have NEVER been treated unfairly by the DAZ forum team. I have been treated unfairly by the moderators at a cetain bigleachsite... so I know what that's like.

So, to all the modetators and administrators of the DAZ Forums, I just want to say: thank you! You guys are amazing.

Now, can you pleeze put a bug in someone's ear about the creeper?

Post edited by wancow on

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

To be clear: It is the moderators understanding that as long as the link to ShareCG or dA goes straight to a freebie and not to a "store front" (or page where other items are sold along side the freebie) it is OK.

This has always been the case although in certain situations we were less than zealous about enforcing it than we are required to be now.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I just like what I was told about ShareCG and DeviantArt being in tune with DAZ's goals... that kinda tickled me a bit and not just because I enjoy posting stuff on both sites. I doubt either site will change overmuch. ShareCG seems to be focussed on advertizing for its revenue and DA is far more than just a CGI gallery. The other cool thing is that this policy allows DAZ Forum participants to have a choice of sites to post freebies on, since one can do it either on DA and SCG or both. It tells me this: DAZ is forward thinking and considerate of the client base and knows when not to spend unnecessary resources reproducing that which already exists.

For my part, I'm still excited about Genesis and that I can continue to work in my small way to help improve the knowledge base without undue restrictions is a huge deal for me. DA and ShareCG are a big part of that for me, and I think others as well... so thank you and thank you Adam for the clarity. Clarity is good.