Dynamic Clothing Controls in DAZ

XfitzXfitz Posts: 96
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am still experimenting with Dynamic Clothing in DAZ to see if it is worth investing in some dynamic clothing. I watched a couple of videos that were made prior it would seem to DAZ 4.5 Pro coming out, which is my version of DAZ. In the old Dynamic Clothing tab there are two panels that are not visible in my 4.5 version: the Physics Panel, and the Preferences Panel. I am experimenting with a freebie product from Optitex and I am wondering if that is the problem, or did DAZ simply eliminate those two panels for some reason? Any input from anyone who has used dynamic clothing in DAZ would be appreciated.

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

You need to purchase the Dynamic Clothing Control to make those panels active.

• XfitzXfitz Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Medzin said:
    You need to purchase the Dynamic Clothing Control to make those panels active.

Thanks. From your experience, is this worth doing? I am finding it difficult to find any DAZ artists who use Dynamic Clothing. Ditto for Poser Artists, altho the Poser Cloth Room seems much more robust.

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

I no longer use DS dynamic clothing.

There is a limited selection and it is impossible to modify or make your own without investing thousands of dollars in Optitex software.
    It may be fixed now, but at one time it did not behave well when using the AniBlocks system to aid animations.

There are a great many people using the Poser Cloth room. You are more likely to find them in the Renderosity forums than here.
    New developments are taking place often, including hybrid conforming/dynamic clothing and cloth room based hair (as opposed to stranded hair in the hair room), along with other dynamic props.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I have to admit, Dynamic Clothing in Daz Studio is great in concept, but not so great in execution. In reality, you can't create dynamic clothing of your own like you can using Poser's cloth room, and neither can it be rescaled to fit smaller or larger figures. You're pretty much stuck with using whatever outfits are available for the very specific body types it's designed for. For example, using one type of dress on a Victoria figure with smaller breasts might cause the entire outfit to slide off her shoulders, larger breasts might cause some serious poke-through.

I do have some dynamic clothing for Daz, but I use it very sparingly. Since Genesis came out, I blend morphs quite regularly, so most of the default outfits don't really fit.