Want to get back into using Bryce but........

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi everyone, I'd really like to get back into using Bryce (and Daz I suppose) but finding the website very difficult toI read. Is there any way to change to size of the actual articles, I know you can apparently change the text size when typing here but there doesn't appear to be anyway at all of changing the various posts to be able to read them comfortably. . I'm sure the Daz site never used to be like this but haven't really had the time to read anything much on it for a couple of years now - let alone make any new renders.

Also wondering where on earth the various Galleries have gone?

Comments

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

I use a Firefox plugin called Color that Site!

I prefer muted, dark colors for backgrounds, and lighter (but not pure white) for text. Color That Site is able to set a profile that is only engaged for specific sites and applies a template accordingly.

• edited December 1969

Looks as though I've just found the answer to this one myself. So here it is in case anyone else has had the same problem and doesn't know what to do about it.
    Apparently all you do l(and I've just done this myself to make sure it works) is simply to press ctrl + Works a treat! I can hardly believe it. I'd previously set my own font size to large on the computer but of course that didn't help various font sizes on websites but this really does work, never heard of it before but then I've never really needed to in the past.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

A simpler solution:

Bigger type = sit closer to the monitor
    Smaller type = sit further away from the monitor

:cheese:

Seriously, yes most browsers allow text resizing (sites built entirely in Flash don't respond to it though).

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Holding down Ctrl and using the scroll wheel will also change font size, and the entire web page.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,539
    edited December 1969

Hey JoAJ - so nice to see you back. The galleries? There are none anymore. Though we've been told they will be back eventually, But it's hard to say when that will be. We miss it also because the galleries are a great to show what the programs DAZ has in its house can do. Cheapest advertising.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

JoAJ ...welcome back hope you are doing well...looking forward to seeing your new renders!!

• edited December 1969

Hi again Horo, Bullit and everyone, it seems to be taking me forever to get back into Bryce. partly because I have a new computer and need to download every darn thing again. I do have some of my zip files (generally keep them if I remember) and have managed to install Bryce 7 Pro (the latest version) but now not sure which of the Content files etc. i need. Talk about a long job though looking through everything but probably will get there eventually.

Such a shame about the Galleries still not being up, of course there are other galleries to look at and I always love looking at Bryce 5.com of course, but still miss the Daz galleries here.