How tall is Victoria5 in cm?

artofnickartofnick Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm brand new and I'm not quite ready to invest in Victoria, but I wanted to get the scale right for Autodesk Maya. So, how tall is she?

Comments

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

I believe she's meant to be 5' 7" which would be 170 cm

According to my calculations, V5 is 66.88 inches or 5.57333333 feet (5 feet 6⅞ inches) based on calculations I did a while back relating to the Genesis base shape http://www.sharecg.com/v/56340/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Height-scaling-guide-for-the-Genesis-base-figure

I believe that equates to 169.8752 cm. (I freely accept that such small difference could be due to human error on my part, but I had made every effort to be as precise as I could when comparing Genesis & primitive dimensions when making original calculations.)

• artofnickartofnick Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Fantastic. Thank you!

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Victoria 4 is 179cm tall.

Genesis with V5 Base 170cm tall.
    Genesis with V5 SuperModel is 179cm tall.

It's really easy to tell inside of DAZ Studio. Just create a cube primitive 170cm in size and compare. :)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Victoria 4 is 179cm tall.

Genesis with V5 Base 170cm tall.
    Genesis with V5 SuperModel is 179cm tall.

It's really easy to tell inside of DAZ Studio. Just create a cube primitive 170cm in size and compare. :)

I actually created a ruler prop to help with that very thing. Good for measuring up giants and dwarves alike. Main reason is that I needed exact heights when working in 3D Studio for creating props, clothing and other items.
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

HoF, you don't even need to do that.

Create a cylinder 1 inch or 1 centimeter tall. jack up the Y Value till you see it pop out of your figure's head. Turn Percent off of the Y value, and there you will have the height of your character in inches or centimeters.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,958
    edited December 1969

Or simply create a plane primitive and raise it until the head of your figure no longer pokes through it, then read the Y Translation as height in cm.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,901
    edited December 1969

Or simply create a plane primitive and raise it until the head of your figure no longer pokes through it, then read the Y Translation as height in cm.

That!

edited December 1969

oh wow! I didn't think of that! That's even easier!

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

So many ways to do the same thing. Life is fun. :D

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    HoF, you don't even need to do that.

Create a cylinder 1 inch or 1 centimeter tall. jack up the Y Value till you see it pop out of your figure's head. Turn Percent off of the Y value, and there you will have the height of your character in inches or centimeters.

Those are great ideas when working in Studio alone, but like I said I tend to switch between the two when working on props so it's handy to have a catch-all measuring stick I can use to ensure I import at the right scale so I don't have to fiddle around.
    edited December 1969

dat's whatchaget for doing 3DSmacks :) :) :P