Daz Install Manager question

Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just got an email "inviting" me to download the beta of the Daz Install Manager, and have downloaded it but haven't installed it yet because I don't know if I can use it or not since I'm still using Daz Studio 4.0 Pro, not 4.5. Will The Install Manager work with 4.0?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,958
    edited December 1969

Yes, the Install Manager simply downloads and installs Poser and DS content (not plugins or shaders, and not content for other applications). It doesn't matter which application you use, though there are filters to list files for the most common (including DS 4.0) if your list needs thinning out.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
    edited February 2013

Cool. Next question, should I hold off on installing it until they correct the new EULA, or will I need to download the DIM again after the EULA is corrected to get the corrected EULA? In other words, will the EULA be automatically updated to the corrected one when I go through the install of the DIM I downloaded or do I need to re-download it once the EULA is corrected?

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

The new EULA is on the web-portion of the site. It won't require an update to the DIM.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,958
    edited December 1969

The system will need to show you as having accepted the EULA before it will let you download - that's why the EULA is now a web page that needs to be accepted. As far as I understand it it's the "If you don't accept..." section that's being reviewed.