Where is the PC freebie?

W R WW R W Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

It becomes harder to find every month. Where is it this time, and why don't the links take me to it? Also, will it actually be a freebie this month, or will it say it'll discount it at checkout and fail to do so, as it did in December? (result: bounced check charge and still no wheelie-mobile or whatever the monotire vehicle was. Some freebie! Paid for twice over and still didn't get it.)

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited February 2013

The freebie thread is where it always is, in the Members Only section. This month it's the Plated Wolf APC.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

W R W said:
    It becomes harder to find every month. Where is it this time, and why don't the links take me to it? Also, will it actually be a freebie this month, or will it say it'll discount it at checkout and fail to do so, as it did in December? (result: bounced check charge and still no wheelie-mobile or whatever the monotire vehicle was. Some freebie! Paid for twice over and still didn't get it.)

PC member freebies are never charged for at all. There is one every month, and it is ALWAYS posted in the Members Forum (where else?)

I don't know that you mean by paying for it twice over, a PC member does not need to pay at ll. Did you inform Support about this?
    There are other freebies as well as the monthly PC members one. PC menbers do not need to pay for these either, and they should appear as $0.0 in your cart.

If you are still having problems with the store as a PC member, please tell Support so that they can sort it out for you.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

post moved to Commons as this is not a New Users Help request.

• W R WW R W Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

W R W said:

PC member freebies are never charged for at all. There is one every month, and it is ALWAYS posted in the Members Forum (where else?)

I don't know that you mean by paying for it twice over, a PC member does not need to pay at ll. Did you inform Support about this?
    There are other freebies as well as the monthly PC members one. PC menbers do not need to pay for these either, and they should appear as $0.0 in your cart.

If you are still having problems with the store as a PC member, please tell Support so that they can sort it out for you.

"Paid For Twice Over" -- sorry, that should read "Many Times Over" ... The freebie a couple of months ago was a big wheel vehicle, a "monocycle" that was perfect for a project I was blue-skying. Instead of just clicking on an icon that would take me there, they changed the procedure and invented the coupon system et al ... "Just put the thing in your cart and enter the code and it'll be deducted from the total at checkout." Well I did all of those things, was required to enter a credit card/debit card even though I knew there wasn't going to be a charge, right? So it didn't matter if the account wasn't overdrawn, but didn't have enough to cover the cost of the "freebie" if I had to pay for it (and it seems to me I had to get it *right then* or its "freebie" status would expire.)

So I followed the steps and sure enough, they ignored the freebie coupon, charged my account (which promptly denied the transaction) and bang, the bank hit me with overdraft charges. I complained to the forum, to the sys admin, tried to stop payment ... all for naught. No response. And I still don't have the wheelie vehicle, don't even care what it's called now -- and every time I see it I just get angry.

So yes, PC members DO pay at all.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I've never entered a code to get the PC freebie, so your post still makes no sense.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you are a member of the Platinum Club (PC), you do not enter a coupon code to get the monthly freebie, it never has been done that way. The only Coupon Code that I know of, is for the monthly PC voucher

You must make sure that you are logged in to the Store before you will see the PC prices. If you are logged in, it will say 'Log Out' at the far right hand side next to My Account.

When an order comes to a total of $0.0, then the store does not require CC details, and does NOT ask for them, there is even a message to that effect. If you buy a freebie, and when it is in your cart, the price shows at anything oother than $0.0, then there is something wrong, do not go any further with the transaction.

You really should get in touch with Support as soon as possible, click on Help > Contact Us at the top of the forum. You need to get this sorted out.