Roman Tunic go poof?

MalandarMalandar Posts: 771
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Guess I learned my lesson on this one, if you want something for a render better get it when you see it at a good price or it might be completely gone from the store when you decide to go back and get it. Not sure what is going on with it but I hope it comes back.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What figure was it designed for?

If it was for an M3 figure it may have been vaulted. There are other Roman items available at least for M4 when I did a quick search.

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 771
    edited December 1969

Pretty sure it was M4, it was that recent at least.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,068
    edited February 2013

I think it was from Mec4d and it was for Genesis. However she is no longer a vendor here...

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Wait what? Really? Damn! She going somewhere else then? Because yeah that was the one I had been looking at. Talk about poor timing on my part.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Wait what? Really? Damn! She going somewhere else then? Because yeah that was the one I had been looking at. Talk about poor timing on my part.

Well her thread for her sale here was one of those that was "moved" when Daz shut the commercial forum. The Roman Tunic is for sale on her website. If you google her name her website will come up.

edited December 1969

Okay found her site but no Roman Tunic, yet. Maybe later I guess.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

It is there. Try googling Mec4d Roman Tunic, it was the third link when I tried.

edited December 1969

Thanks, took me a bit to get registered on her site but the link worked and it IS for Genesis, which makes it even better because I almost only ever use Genesis now.

• randym77randym77 Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Wow. Mec4d left DAZ? What happened?

They must have bought her Home erectus characters. They're still here. And free, at least at the moment.

edited December 1969

wancow said:

Thanks for the link, already bought the one from Mec4D's site though, it was only five bucks, though these will add variety.

I am not sure what happened to make her leave but I did notice the HE packs in the free section this morning when I woke up.

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 132
    edited December 1969

She left due to issues with Daz which included having her commercial threads removed including her WIP for items to be sold here at Daz.. She is now offering some of those items previously sold here at major discount prices on her own site.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,383
    edited December 1969

Her stuff is well worth getting the detailing is wonderful especiall the way she includes folds and drapes.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I think that those who were here as a 'secondary' sales outlet, with their own site being the primary (as Mec did) are probably not feeling very welcome right about now.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

This is not entirely correct. We do not want to discuss the issue, but feel the need to state that the separation was initiated by DAZ and was not tied to the commercial thread change.

KinnieM said:
    She left due to issues with Daz which included having her commercial threads removed including her WIP for items to be sold here at Daz.. She is now offering some of those items previously sold here at major discount prices on her own site.
  • SilverhurstSilverhurst Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Wow, initiated by DAZ.... must have been a real toozie between the two to run off one of your "big name" vendors.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,130
    edited December 1969

Too bad... I really like her art and she always gave good help on lights, shader, and render settings for her characters.

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 132
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    I think that those who were here as a 'secondary' sales outlet, with their own site being the primary (as Mec did) are probably not feeling very welcome right about now.

I believe that you are right about that.

DAZ_Kevin said:
    This is not entirely correct. We do not want to discuss the issue, but feel the need to state that the separation was initiated by DAZ and was not tied to the commercial thread change.

And Daz_Kevin...all I will say is that the timing of the discontinuing of Mec4D's and Daz's relationship and everything that is suddenly going on here is certainly quite a bit of coincidence. Just my take on the matter.

Wow, initiated by DAZ.... must have been a real toozie between the two to run off one of your "big name" vendors.

it certainly must have been as Mec4D appeared to be very excited about new upcoming items that were to be released here shortly before all this hit the fan.

No matter who initiated the separation of a working professional relationship between the two parties Mec4D is gone and like many others who enjoyed her creativity and details in her products I will simply purchase from her personal site.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,182
    edited December 1969

Cath and I are good friends. She wanted to let the community know that she's currently blocked from posting here on the forums. Not sure who decided that but that's why she's not here defending or explaining things herself.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Cath and I are good friends. She wanted to let the community know that she's currently blocked from posting here on the forums. Not sure who decided that but that's why she's not here defending or explaining things herself.

Okay That is lame.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Sad, very sad. Luckily, she has her own forum at her website, so anyone who wants to talk to her can visit her there and say hello.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Cath does have her own forum at here store - I won't link to avoid my post being deleted but just do a google search. She is a doll, and makes great products. No matter whose choice it was it's a loss to Daz.

By the way, the Homo Erectus products were Daz Originals from the time they came out - I bought them in 2011. However, they USED to actually credit Mec4d as the creator, and no longer do, which personally I think stinks. Even if the person who created something is no longer a vendor at Daz, I think they still should be credited.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I think you will find that that is because of the shop by vendor list. If you click on any vendor who also has items as DOs, then you will see those as well as their brokered items when the store brings up their products. So anyone who is not on the vendor list cannot show next to a DO item.

• 3Don3Don Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

Chohole-
    How refreshing! Someone who knows the difference between their, there, and they're!

As in... They're going over there to to see their friends.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Chohole-
    How refreshing! Someone who knows the difference between their, there, and they're!

As in... They're going over there to to see their friends.

I am British, and have GCE O and A level passes in both English Language and English Lit, as well as sundry other subjects, taken quite a few years ago when the exams still had some worth.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,130
    edited December 1969

I remember when my English teacher said ... "There is never the subject of a sentence".... and I pointed out it was in the sentence she just uttered.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited February 2013

That was my exact reaction when I read the same thing in my textbook.

[strike]One could argue that the word "there" is actually an appositive to the implied subject "word," as in "The word 'there' is never the subject of a sentence," but that's a bit convoluted and frankly I enjoy the idea of the English language containing paradoxes.[/strike]

Post edited by agent unawares on