Question about Categorizing content

RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 905
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am trying to categorize my content in DS4.5 and have run across an annoying issue.

In Daz 3, let's say I had clothes called V4s Pretty Dress. When I scanned for new installs it might put a folder called V4s Pretty Dress in figures that would have the .cr2 and under poses it would put a folder called V4s Pretty Dress that would have the mats. So, I'd drag the figure into my clothing category and then drag the mats into the clothing category.

When I did that I'd get a popup that would say something like "There is already a folder named V4s Pretty Dress do you want to merge this folder with that one?" And I'd click yes and be good to go.

DS4.5 doesn't seem to do that. It just won't let me drag a folder with the same name over at all. Is there a fix for this? A setting I can change? Otherwise my categories are going to be very problematic. Note I didn't put this in Notes and Bolts because I wasn't sure if this was a bug or just a lack of knowledge on my part.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately DS4 doesn't have the merge feature DS3 did -- I also find it very inconvenient at times to have to work around that.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 905
    edited December 1969

Damn that is going to be a real pain. I think I know ways to work around it but it'll slow down my categorizing a lot!

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Damn that is going to be a real pain. I think I know ways to work around it but it'll slow down my categorizing a lot!

From my experience: it will be a real pain if you want follow your old path to categorize your stuff. You can get your old categorization importing your old database, but DS 4.5 changed a lot the categories. You still can customize it as you want, but your best shot is rethink how you can adapt to the new options to organize your stuff.

Adamr001 have a tutorial and insights here. This is not how I organize my stuff, so you could be interested in a fresh discussion about the matter here. Hope this can help you.