Has anybody here used Finder II ?

BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,371
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I just discovered this item in utilities?
What has been your experience with this utility? It looks like it can be very useful with finding things in Daz Studio.
Does it work with DS 4 and DS 4.5 ?

I would appreciate any information on this and how useful you find it.

Thanks.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I doubt if it works in DS4 or 4.5. I bought it several years ago, but I can't say for sure. If you can't find an answer, I'll have a go at finding it tomorrow and let you know for sure. It's bedtime here ;)

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

It works with Studio 3 not 4 currently.

It made finding and managing my Studio 3 content easier. The only problem I noticed was after I installed it, when ever I go to exit out of Studio 3, the program crashes, which isn't a big problem since I was exiting the program.

I would buy an updated version for Studio 4 if one came out.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,371
    edited December 1969

Thanks.

It is strange it is still being sold if it won't work with DS 4, especially as most people can no longer get DS 3.

Anything that makes the content a more organized, easily accessed, beastie sounds like a good idea.

Thanks.
    R

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I find the Search function at the top of the Content Library to be very useful at times. It can be set to search File names or to use the Database. I use it a lot.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,899
    edited December 1969

I find the Search function at the top of the Content Library to be very useful at times. It can be set to search File names or to use the Database. I use it a lot.

I've worn my out, joking, but I agree, file find is very useful when you have old content or content without metadata.

• edited December 1969

I had it, I liked it. Too bad it does not work in 4.x :(