A suggestion for the Daz Download Manger

Make it so that it can install and keep track of third party content too.

then it'd be a really handy tool, just in case you accidentally installed something wrong.

Comments

• Ariella CandelariaAriella Candelaria Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

I would like that as well...because aside from Daz3D I shop mostly at Renderosity and Runtime DNA

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This is never going to happen, as the Install Manager is a Daz product and is specifically coded to deal with DAZ 3D catalogue of products, taking it's information from your account here at DAZ 3D.

• adegneradegner Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

The only problem I found is that it deletes the install that it downloads. I have several 100 MB that it would download would be nice to stash that on a raid 1 array or some folder so it doesn't have to be re-downloaded. Looks I will have to do it the old fashoned way.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

adegner said:
    The only problem I found is that it deletes the install that it downloads. I have several 100 MB that it would download would be nice to stash that on a raid 1 array or some folder so it doesn't have to be re-downloaded. Looks I will have to do it the old fashoned way.

It does NOT delete the donwloads unless you tell it to.

There is a tick box on the Ready To Install pane which says 'Delete Installer Once Installed', if you have that box ticked, untick it, simple as that.

• adegneradegner Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Yea if found that after it deleted a few things. works well on windows 7 ultimate x64. Thanks for the update, now if it can identify updates that would be awesome. I'm not a studio user, it is an export platform for getting things into my rendering packages. But DS4X could become a leader in that game.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,936
    edited December 1969

Make it so that it can install and keep track of third party content too.

then it'd be a really handy tool, just in case you accidentally installed something wrong.

Put in a feature request on bug tracker.