V4 custom textures causing 4.5 to crash

SassanikSassanik Posts: 340

Okay so I can render Genesis, and M4 no problem, and V4 with her standard skin texture. But as soon as I load a custom skin texture/material on her, when I try and render it crashes. I have tried several different textures (ie made by different people) and they all cause the crash. If I load Genesis with the V4 custom skin texture/material it crashes on render as well. I reinstalled V4 but that did not solve the issue.

Running Daz Studio version 4.5.1.56 on Win Vista

Suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks!
Amy

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What are your system specs? Particularly how much RAM do you have, and how much is available when you are running DS (Task Manager)

Have you looked at the log file after a crash? Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File to see what it says. You only need to look at the last 20 or 30 lines from the previous session in the Log upon restarting DA Studio.

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Let see I run a crappy system... err I mean an very nice older machine... yeah that is it!
    Its Win Vista, with 4 gigs of RAM, with a 2ghz core 2 dual processor and a Geforce 8500 graphics card.

It seems the problem is with the Open GL render? I can run the 3Delight render without a problem (well except that my system will crash if I try and do a large image under this setting, but that is because my system is old). Ideas on how to fix this?

I checked my log file and it is not throwing a error before it crashes, it just stops. Looking at the log file I am seeing an issue when the program starts up

WARNING: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    Total class factories: 1199
    WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed
    3D mouse support library could not be loaded.
    Creating interface
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport1.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport2.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport3.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport4.
    Executing startup script...
    Started in: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4
    DAZ Studio Started
    Creating Pixel Buffer
    Pixel buffer - Width: 1024 Height: 1024
    Compiling OpenGL Shader...
    Fragment Shader:
    Fragment Shader compiled successfully.
    Linking Shader:
    Fragment info
    -------------
    0(29) : warning C7050: "rgb" might be used before being initialized
    Shader Program successfully linked.

Could this be what is causing the problem?

Thanks!
    Amy

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The lines at the beginning are not a problem, I get them as well, they are just warnings, not errors.

You don't say if your systen is 32 bit or 64 bit. If it is 32 bit, then that would be a problem with regard to memory usage, which is why you need to look at the Task Manager to see what your system is using.

The OpenGL viewport is controlled by your Graphics Card, and you could give some info on that by going to Help Troubleshooting > About Your Video Card. What card is it, and what version of OpenGL does it use?

I can't see any way around your problem if it is memory related on a 32 bit system. Adding more memory wont help at all. A better Graphics Card would help with viewport crashes, but not 3Delight memory errors. We really need to see what the Task Manager says whn you have DAZ Studio loaded, just before you add the large texture which makes it crash.