CELEST AND STEPHANIE

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 685
edited December 1969 in New Users

A while back, I ordered a product called 'Stephanie 4', which placed a dial in the 'Shape' pane. (Actors. Wardrobe and Props tab)

Now I would like to use the long, black coat in 'Celeste Cloths'. But do I need to purchase 'Stephanie Base' to use it? Or will it fit on a Genesis character?

(Will the 'Stephanie' dial permit it to fit? Or do I need to download 'Stephanie Base'?)

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

This item appears to be for Stephanie 3, http://www.daz3d.com/celeste-clothes

If you have the Gen 3 Iconic Shapes for Genesis : http://www.daz3d.com/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis then you could use Autofit to fit the clothing to Genesis, otherwise it wont work. Stephanie 3 is a very old figure now

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 685
    edited February 2013

The second product '3-icon-shapes' would make Celest jacket fit?

I wasn't aware of this product. Thank you for showing me.

I think it mentioned Aiko 3. If it permitted Aiko 3 to wear the jacket, that would be nice.

I assume it would not allow me to fit Celeste to Aiko 3.

Looks like it fits aiko to genesis. Correct?

I

Post edited by dash2128 on
    edited December 1969

Would it allow me to fit Celeste to Aiko 3?

It should do. The Autofit plugin will convert Celeste clothing to fit the S3 shape for Genesis, since there is a clone added to Autofit when you buy the Iconic Shapes. Autofit will make any clothing designed for any of the models fit to the shape for Genesis.

The Iconic Shapes for Genesis are just 'shapes' and not the original models. They make Genesis 'look like' S3 or A3, but they are still the Genesis model.

Autofit can convert clothing made for A3 or S3 to fit Genesis, and if you apply the A3 shape to Genesis, it should work.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 685
    edited December 1969

Just one more question:

Are you saying...When I purchased Aiko 3 base...Aiko 3 is still genesis? Not an actual separate figure?

If that is so, I can see what you mean.

Either way, need to know and grasp it. I've been wondering about that. Thank you again for explaining the matter. Sorry if I tired you out.

edited December 1969

No problem, it can all get a bit confusing at times.

The Aiko 3 base model is a stand alone model, which does not rely on any other model to work. Clothing made for A3 will fit to A3, but not necessarlily to any other model, unless the clothing contains other morphs to allow it to fit. A3 is a Generation 3 model (Genesis is Gen 5)

The A3 Shape for Genesis, is only a morph which makes Genesis 'look like' the original A3. It is still Genesis, and is based on the Genesis body . The advantage of having the Iconic Shapes is that is supplies a clone for the Autofit tool, and any clothing made for the original A3 figure, can be adapted by Autofit to 'Fit To' the A3 shape for Genesis.

You do not need to own the Aiko 3 original Base to use the Iconic Shapes for Genesis

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

Autofit can convert clothing made for A3 or S3 to fit Genesis, and if you apply the A3 shape to Genesis, it should work.

Once "Autofit converts" the clothing made for A3, is it then a Genesis outfit, and will fit any genesis shape or just Genesis in the A3 shape?

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

Scavenger said:

Once "Autofit converts" the clothing made for A3, is it then a Genesis outfit, and will fit any genesis shape or just Genesis in the A3 shape?
    I don't think it's correct to say that it becomes a Genesis outfit...but yes, it will AutoFit to any Genesis shape, not just the A3 shape. I wouldn't necessarily expect the fit to be perfect, though, especially if the shape you're using is very different from A3 (say, Freak 5 or Anubis, for instance).