Daz 4.5 - Kids 4 refuse to get dressed!

oliver_reedoliver_reed Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi all

Hope you can help me. I have set up Daz with the Kids 4 package and also installed successfully a character called Eliza - all good. I also purchased the everyday kids wear as here http://www.daz3d.com/clothing-accessories/everyday-clothing/kids-4-basicwear

Under Poser Formats/My Library/Pose/Daz's kids 4 Clothing - I can see the clothes I have bought. I dial up the character but none of the clothes render on it! Nothing happens no dialog no clothes no nothing (unless a character on the scene isn't selected).

I have attached a grab.

Please help!

Thanks

Ollie

kids4problem.png
1781 x 1141 - 1M

Comments

• oliver_reedoliver_reed Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi all

Hope you can help me. I have set up Daz with the Kids 4 package and also installed successfully a character called Eliza - all good. I also purchased the everyday kids wear as here http://www.daz3d.com/clothing-accessories/everyday-clothing/kids-4-basicwear

Under Poser Formats/My Library/Pose/Daz’s kids 4 Clothing - I can see the clothes I have bought. I dial up the character but none of the clothes render on it! Nothing happens no dialog no clothes no nothing (unless a character on the scene isn’t selected).

I have attached a grab.

Please help!

Thanks

Ollie

kids4problem.png
    1781 x 1141 - 1M
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited February 2013

What you are looking at in the Pose folder, are material options for the clothing. You will need to go to the Figures folder to find the actual clothing items, and load them first. Anything in the Pose folder is either a normal pose, or a MAT Pose (to apply a material).

EDIT:

Please do not post in more than one forum, it confuses everyone.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Hi

Thanks for your comments - and excuse my ignorance - I'm a newbie.

Ok I have checked that directory and the items you saw in the other post aren't there! (see grab)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ollie

kids.png
    1497 x 974 - 472K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Have moved this to the New Users Forum. will merge threads.

edited December 1969

They are there in Figures. The set contains Boxers, Tank/Tankini, TSgirt and Briefs, that is all there is.

It says that there are 9 texture options for the clothing. Load your K4 figure, Load the clothing item from the Figures tab, THEN go to the Pose folder and select a material.

Make sure that you have the appropriate clothing item selected in the Scene pane, in other words, select the Tankini, then in the Pose folder, select a material for it.

You are nearly there :)

edited December 1969

Ah-ha!

Thanks a million. Seems the young girl has some sartorial options!

Seems I'm going to have to get some self help training materials.

Ollie

thanks.jpg
    1814 x 1046 - 327K
    edited December 1969

You could pick up this in the Store her fro free at the moment : http://www.daz3d.com/great-art-now-quick-start

It should help to get you started. DAZ 3D also have a load of videos on YouTube too.

There is alos a file called QuickStart Guide.PDF installed with the program here : C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\DAZ Studio

edited December 1969

I'm on it. Thanks again....