Newbie to DAZ--now what!

william-2201166william-2201166 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

So I've viewed all the tutorials. I purchased some content, for example "Castillo del Diablo". When I open it in DAZ, I see the building, but that's about it--there's a lot more going on in the example on the sales page ( http://www.daz3d.com/castillo-del-diablo ). What are some additional steps I need to take to make my scene look more like what's on the sales page (not trying to duplicate it, just how do I turn the bare content into a finished scene)?

Thanx!

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,899
    edited February 2013

First you need to use lightning, I think Uberenvironment2 now ships with DS 4.

Hang on, I'll give you a quick run through here soon (just have a render that has to end first)

OK, here we go:

(1) First just a raw render with Castillo de Diablo loaded to the scene, nothing more.
    (2) The I added an UberEnvironment Light (found in DAZ Studio Content -> Light Presents / omnifreaker in the content browser). I then selected the UE and clicked on the HDR Park and the quality best.
    (2) Then add added a distant light to the scene (set to the location of the camera). I moved it a little then I set the shadow to Shadowmap and the softness to about 20%
    (4) Now I changed the actual render settings, the shading rate down from 1 to 0.1

I hope this helps to understand what affect the look of the rendered image.

Edit: Sorry, but images never comes in the order you want them to.

c4-a.jpg
    600 x 600 - 152K
    c3-a.jpg
    600 x 600 - 139K
    c2-a.jpg
    600 x 600 - 117K
    c1-a.jpg
    600 x 600 - 100K
    Post edited by Totte on