sub-d and lod levels

Dean_2026310Dean_2026310 Posts: 22

Hello

I'm very much struggling at this point with the correct work flow. I've created some garments for Genensis and when I initially import them they sit perfectly against the model but when I use transfer utility they change shape.It has nothing to do with morphs or reverse transformations it's just the way Daz Studio works.After reading all the tutorials I could find and remodeling my garments to cater for all the different tutorials i've read Im still not happy with my end result.
My first question is this, If you make an item at base level and it fits genesis at base level perfectly how are you supposed to up the level of your work when transfer utility,smoothing modifier and sub-d all change your mesh out of context with Genesis? What I need to do is import a model at the higher resolution version so that it fits the Genesis model (at the same higher resolution)and have Daz treat it as a sub-d model already.Its impossible to import a LOD Model, as the base mesh and first level of the Hi Res mesh are already different in there vertex placement.And any model imported is always treated as the base mesh.
My second question,is there a way of using the power loader to change the deltas in the generated sub-d exclusively if I use an imported second model made at the higher resolution?

kind regards.

Post edited by Dean_2026310 on