Caveat Emptor: Mil Horse, Mil Cat breed morphs missing?

nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Wondering if anyone has hit this one:

I got the free LE versions of Mil Horse and Cat a week or so ago, liked the models, decided to get the paid versions yesterday, on sale.

Installers set them up in separate folders, but the content is identical: a model and some poses.

The various breed morphs that are advertised as coming with the paid for models of Mil Horse and Cat aren't there. Looked everywhere

I could think of.

I went through this same, try-the-freebie-first, process with the Mil Big Cat, but the paid version of that figure arrived with all advertised

morphs and mats included, all in the same folder; very convenient. So, I'm expecting the same treatment in these new figures, but it's

not happening that way with Mil Cat and Horse.

I'm posting this here, because these figures are being offered at the moment for nice sale prices. Be aware, you may not get what

you've paid if you buy them, and Daz will be days sorting out the credit. Caveat Emptor.

I buy so much less from Daz anymore, because of issues exactly like this, which happen at least thirty percent of the time. You'd think

Sales, or the CEO's would be concerned, but seemingly not.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Find the horse morphs under Daz's Mill horse in the pose folder

Find the cat under Mat millennium Cat

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,979
    edited February 2013

Did you look under the Parameters tab for the morphs??On both the horse and the cat ,and if you are using DS4.5 ,sometimes I have had the morphs not show up ,but they are there,you have to click on the different body parts to get them to show up,it's weird and I don't know why it does this but it does .....neither of these 2 items have other skins,skins are seperate ......

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Hi! Forgive me if you've already tried this, it confused me at first too since I thought the different breeds would have icons to load them, but check to make sure you are using the full model rather than the LE one (they look the same when loading from icon) and check parameters tab for the breeds - here is the Millennium Cat, but the Horse and Dog are the same. This is in Daz 4.5. Hope it helps -Cathy

MillCatMorphs2.jpg
    800 x 480 - 128K
  • nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Chohole, I did look in those locations, but found only poses, no morphs; that's what was confusing me, because I knew they should be there.

Thank you, carrie58, and Cathy_Mod,

I'm using 4.5.1.6, too. And, no, I didn't try Parameters, but will when I get home. I'm sure I'm not using the LE; the folder is uniquely named, but will uninstall it, just the same.

I dig these Daz animals; the Big Cat is amazing with all its morphs and textures, all in one easy to find Pose folder,, as Chohole mentions it should be. They're great models and render amazingly. I looked for the same quality and install configuration with these newer purchases.

(In a car, for instance, it wouldn't have occurred to me to swap the gas and brake pedal locations in different models., but hey, what the heck, so long as they're both there, right?)

I am happy to purchase additional features, like textures, as long as I get all the stock parts, first.

I appreciate everyone's quick and experienced feedback.

edited December 1969

This is all good cause I learned something new too,didn't occur to me to click "all" to get the morphs to show up,thanks Cathy_Mod.

edited December 1969

As long as the question is up, I was just looking again at the Domestic animal pages, and see Cat textures for Mil Cat, but, though the Daz

Mil Horse ad shows those four color varieties, which don't come with the horse (?!), I didn't see the texture package that would give me

those four varieties. There are a couple of other nice sets for horses, but does anyone know about the ones in the ad?

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Hi again nowefg!

Sadly the Mill horse only seems to come with a black texture, and it appears the textures that are shown on the Mill horse in the add are no longer available at Daz? I've tried a search and they aren't showing up - I think they actually may have been vaulted last year - (texture packs 1 and 2). There are other textures included with the Mill Horse bundle, but don't seem to be available separately. You can't go wrong with the CW textures, but they are pretty expensive - (They sure are beautiful though!)

There are some textures available free at Share CG: Here are a few I found: Palamino - http://www.sharecg.com/v/35328/View/11/Poser/palomino-for-mil-horse and some wild and pretty fantasy colors by Solarismoon http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Solarismoon

Here are some free poses: http://www.sharecg.com/v/44658/View/11/Poser/Horse-Rider-II http://www.sharecg.com/v/44668/View/11/Poser/Horse-Rider-III

I know at one time there was someone who had made a lot of beautiful textures for the MilHorse for free, but I can't find them - if I come across them again I will add a link. -Cathy

edited February 2013

It would appear you can get the different colours with the Bundle, but no longer appear to be in the store separately

http://www.daz3d.com/millennium-horse-bundle

You also get the foal morph with the bundle.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Hi again, back, Cathy_Mod, and chohole,

Thank you for the links and information.

I found the Mil Horse Bundle, which I didn't see when I filtered Daz Originals-Animals-Domestic, for some reason.

Went ahead and got it, along with the Cat bundle. Just have to wait for the refund on the non-bundles, so I can move on from there. Last time, that took a couple of weeks. Caveat Emptor still applies. With a blatantly advertised money-back-guarantee, I don't think an honest, paying customer should have to be so careful.

One shouldn't have to worry about buying 3D content from Daz, but that's the nature of the game, at this point. As is, I'm sure to get the refund eventually.

I would have preferred a store-credit, but that takes days, too, and the sale will be over by then. Happened just like that last time; wanting to trade up to a better, more expensive product during the sale, because I hadn't scrutinized my first choice with a fine-toothed-enough comb, I lost the sale opportunity waiting for the credit to happen.

When I first started to get lost in Daz, about six months ago, I went through a similar process with M4, opting for a credit on the individual figure when I realized it had a less than optimal texture set, so I could get the better-textured bundle instead. Did that over the phone, 1-2-3, store credit applied-upgraded purchase made; took about five minutes. Excellent customer service=happy customer. Spent a lot more money at Daz, since then, but the customer service part is down the tubes, now.

With that whole cautionary-tale in mind, Cathy_Mod, I did eyeball those amazing CW textures, and thought about getting them, instead of the bundle; when I saw that they were rendered in Poser/Firefly, I backed off, not knowing how they'd do with /Studio/3Delight.

Do you have experience with those?

edited December 1969

I am sorry I have to disagree with you there. Customer Service at Daz is excellent, and only on very rare occasions does it take more than a day or two to sort out any problems, including refunds.

The 30 day guarantee is watertight, and always abided by.

Just be sure to fill the ticket out correctly, send it to the right dept, have all the relevant details in it correctly, and your support will be top notch.

edited December 1969

That's okay, chohole; I'm not talking opinion, here. It's what's happened, nothing to disagree with in that.

I am glad that your experience has been different, though. It should be.

edited December 1969

Almost everybody's experience has been excellent, I can assure you. I have actually never returned an item, so never used that part, and I think only filed a support ticket on one or two occasions to Tech support.

However I have been around the forums for a while, and see very having problems with the quality of tech support at DAZ 3D. There have in fact been quite a few threads started in praise of this very hardworking dept.

edited December 1969

The CWRW textures are great!!and render in DS beautifully ......for example....

CWRW_Test.png
    1126 x 919 - 494K