ot: Nor'Easter, it's a comin - it came

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited February 2013 in The Commons

holey molies

slideshow to show the expected accumulation
http://www.intellicast.com/Travel/Weather/Snow/SnowCast.aspx?region=rut

after slide 4 lil Long Island is obliterated.

geological-historically, Long Island was created by a glacier. the mainland wants us back?

Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,936
    edited December 1969

Yeah its gonna be a bad one

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

All our streetcars here in the snow in Southern Ontario don't belong to us :/
    (Snow has them)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

so afraid the power is gonna go out again. ice on the wires, 50mph wind gusts. yikes.

i had plans to bake gingerbread woman cookies this weekend. can't bake without the power.

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Good luck to everyone. Get your supplied and "hunker" down. I remember living thru some blizzards when I lived up north. They were no fun at all!

I wish I could send you guys some of our Florida weather. :(

Take care.

edited December 1969

enuff snow already. yeesh

• edited December 1969

snuggle up with a warm throw. Wiccan and I will think of you all in the cold zones.

edited December 1969

iz a lot of snow outside

LOTS and LOTS

stuck my cel camera out the door. door only halfway opens, blocked by ... snow

untitled2.png
    640 x 480 - 462K
    untitled1.png
    640 x 480 - 334K
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

We didn't get hit that bad here compared to the forecasts. Just about 6 inches when they said around 2 feet were expected here, deep in the bowels of New Jersey!

Hope others got lucky too...

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,471
    edited February 2013

Southern Tier of western NY State here (Jamestown). We often get large lake effect snows off of Lake Erie but this storm skipped over us. We got about 3 inches of accumulated rain, sleet and snow. We had our big snows last week.

However, I did wake up this morning to beautiful hoar frost on one of my windows.

8:00 AM, south facing window, large dark pine tree as background. Ten minutes later it was gone. (The frost, not the tree) 8-s

DSCN2289_20130209_081330.jpg
    1000 x 598 - 104K
    DSCN2290_20130209_081340.jpg
    1000 x 873 - 191K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Southern Tier of western NY State here (Jamestown). We often get large lake effect snows off of Lake Erie but this storm skipped over us. We got about 3 inches of accumulated rain, sleet and snow. We had our big snows last week.

However, I did wake up this morning to beautiful hoar frost on one of my windows.

8:00 AM, south facing window, large dark pine tree as background. Ten minutes later it was gone. (The frost, not the tree) 8-s

That hoarfrost is beautiful! The miracle of H20. We wouldn't be around without it. Or if we were around we'd be utterly different.

Hope everyone is okay. My mom, who is even older than I, is in Hamden CT and so far she has 34 inches!