Undocumented ERCLink Type?

Hi,

I wrote a Script to get the Type of ERCLink of a Controller

print ("ERCLink (DeltaAdd, DivideInto, DivideBy,Multiply, Substract, Add) -> ", aControls[k].type)

The result for this Controller is the following

ERCLink (DeltaAdd, DivideInto, DivideBy, Multiply, Substract, Add) -> 6

According to the documentation the Enum value provides only 6 values (0 -> 5)

In this case we should have Keyed_TBC. Is this missing in the old enum documentation?

enum   ERCType {
  ERCDeltaAdd = 0, ERCDivideInto, ERCDivideBy, ERCMultiply,
  ERCSubtract, ERCAdd
}

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,561

Which documentation are you looking at? Keyed ERC is, I'm fairly sure, new to DS 4 so it won't be in the DS3 scripting docs - it is in http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/object_index/erclink_dz

• Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 523
    edited May 2017

Which documentation are you looking at? Keyed ERC is, I'm fairly sure, new to DS 4 so it won't be in the DS3 scripting docs - it is in http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/object_index/erclink_dz

Thanks for the link. I had a look into the old 3.x documentation, as I only found the red controller_dz last week and handled myself forward. Seems there have been some updates to the documentation recently. Thanks a lot.

I really start to grasp the object structure and how everything fits together. Very complex, but a lot of options. Still wondering what a SlaveController is.

I also cannot find DzFigure. It inherits DzSkeletion, but seems new to Daz Studio as well, as it in not in the 3.x documentation.

Nevertheless you all do a great job. I didn't realize how complex and mighty this stuff is. Thanks again.

Post edited by Singular3D on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,561

IN DS 4 we have two figure types, and DzSkeleton is an object from which they derive but no longer an object that is itself used. This was to cope with the diffrence between weight mapped figures and legacy figures (though DS 3 did have the figures used by the Optitex clothing, derived from the dzSkeleton used for everything else, as I recall)