Save to Pose again RESOLVED WITH THANKS

hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
edited February 2013 in New Users

Hi, a newbie question that i am getting confused about.
I load a model, dress her, pose her put in lights and am very happy so i render .....now for me to reuse everything again and just change the pose and possibly adjust the lighting how do i save this? so far i have had to start from scratch each time and i am sure there must be a way. Thanks in advance

Post edited by hermana5 on

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

File -> Save as -> Scene.
    If you're rendering from Perspective view, you'll want to add a camera too. The perspective view will not be saved, a camera will.

• hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thankyou.... sorry but once i have saved as scene how do i find it again?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited February 2013

Good advice from BlackFeather1973

Just to add to that a little, if you have a clothed and posed character that you want to keep for other scenes, the you can also use the File > Save As > Scene Subset. You can then load that particular character, or Merge it into another scene any time you need it. You can do that with lights and other objects as well.

EDIT:

Just saw your new post. As long as you save it inside a folder which has been declared as a DAZ Studio Formats folder (like My Library) then DS will see the Scene file. I save mine in a sub-folder of My Library called 'Scenes' and they also get a thumbnail too which is handy.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

That is great but will i be able to change her pose?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

hermana5 said:
    That is great but will i be able to change her pose?

Of course, it will just be the same as if you loaded the object from the library. You can also change the clothing, lights, anything you want.

edited February 2013

Brilliant .....now once saved where do i locate it?

edited. i mean in the Daz program ...content?

Post edited by hermana5 on
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited February 2013

Scenes that are saved in the standard location can be found in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats -> My Library -> Scenes.
    You can also open them manually via the menu : File -> Open.

Post edited by BlackFeather1973 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,974
    edited December 1969

It's better to use Scene subset - if you use Scene the default behaviour is to load the whole scene in place of the current scene, while a Scene Subset is merged into the current scene.

You saved file should be available in the Content Library pane, under DAZ Studio Formats>My Library>Folder you saved to as long as you did in fact save to a library folder; if not you can use File>Open (replace current scene) or File>merge (add to current scene) to load it.

edited December 1969

Thankyou everybody now i am off to play safely lol! Have a great weekend and i hope not to pester more . Will put resolved in title if i can.