Failure of DzCreateExPFiles-V4 to execute - Mac OS X 10.8.2/Poser 9

beausabre01beausabre01 Posts: 0

I can't get the "Update V4" (or any other update script) to run.

When I double click on the DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command file in the !DAZ folder, I get the following error:

Last login: Sat Feb  9 12:21:49 on ttys001
BigIron-7:~ twclark04$ /Users/Shared/Poser\ 9\ Content/Victoria\ 4/Runtime/Libraries/\!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles-V4.command ; exit;
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/Shared/Poser 9 Content/Victoria 4/Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 110, in 
    _chdir_resource()
  File "/Users/Shared/Poser 9 Content/Victoria 4/Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ/DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/Resources/__boot__.py", line 108, in _chdir_resource
    import os
ImportError: No module named os
2013-02-09 12:26:30.187 DzCreateExPFiles[36348:707] DzCreateExPFiles Error
2013-02-09 12:26:30.188 DzCreateExPFiles[36348:707] DzCreateExPFiles Error
An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script

ImportError: No module named os
logout

It's always been like this - it hasn't prevented me from using V4 before, but now its not working with a set of morph injections I want to use. Any ideas?

Comments

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482
    edited December 1969

I get the exact same error. I have purchased some V4 morphs from Zev0 and it looks like they install but there are no parameters (sliders) for the injections. The readme says to run DzCreateExPFiles but when I do, I get the error.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,870
    edited December 1969

I don't have that python script so I can't really say what the error is, but as it looks like a python script in an app-wrapper, my guess is that the app-wrapper is ppc-built and you are running on a Mac running OS X 10.7 or later (which do not have Rosetta PPC emulation anymore).

edited December 1969

Yes, I'm on OSX 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion).

So, two questions:

(a) should running that command be necessary every time I install a new morphs package, and

(b) if so, is there any chance that DAZ will give Mac users a working command?

I don't understand Python or programming but then I don't think I should be expected to, as a user rather than a product producer.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,870
    edited December 1969

I did some searching (and I did find the file, was ages since I installed V4 )
    It is a shellscript launching DzCreateExPFiles.app in the directory where params point to it.
    The appiication DzCreateExPFiles.app is located in Runtime/libraries/!DAZ
    If the script is run in the same directory as the application it works fine on 10.8.4, so I think you are running it at the wrong place.

You can double-click the scripts there.

edited August 2013

Totte said:

The appiication DzCreateExPFiles.app is located in Runtime/libraries/!DAZ
    If the script is run in the same directory as the application it works fine on 10.8.4, so I think you are running it at the wrong place.

You can double-click the scripts there.

Well, mine is here:

Documents/DAZ3D/My Library/Runtime/libraries/!DAZ

I go to that directory, double click it and get the error.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I didn't spot the .app in your post (that's why I didn't get what you were saying). I have no idea where the .app is. I'll do a search.

EDIT [2]: Yes, confirmed it is in the same directory (my Mac doesn't display the .app extension so I found it with the Get Info utility).

Post edited by marble on
    edited August 2013

Update:

I worked with Zev0 on solving this. Turns out that the command discussed above wasn't the issue - it was that the morph injection requires a Base V4.2 figure - not one that already has a pre-configured character already injected. After that it is ok to inject the character and everyone is happy :)

Thanks go out to Zev0.

Post edited by marble on